Npc Commands

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Lord-Galiwyn, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

What if any commands can we give to our Vendor or Servants?

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

None announced that I know of. The recent video on player cities raised the question, the dev team said nothing was planned beyond normal npc behaviour in regular cities.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

In one of the hangouts they said that for the moment they will just have a basic format. Hopefully as we keep the discussions going on pets, vendors, servants, and companions, we'll get what we want in the interactive aspect, that is to the best of their abilities that is. Good topic though. I am particularly interested in companions being able to talk them into things like following you somewhere etc, they are great fun to use for guild quests to me that is, and hopefully they will be funny like they were in Ultima lol :)

Lord Baldrith and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  4. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Hopefully we can say to a Servant.' go gather 20 (whatever)'

5. Owain

Owain Avatar

Hopefully not. Why play the game at all if you want the game to play for you?

Logain likes this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

House servants should have little or zero functionality outside of town or maybe even off the lot. The best I would personally hope for is "cook dinner" or go bring in the mail (assuming there's a mailbox). Maybe some ambient stuff like 'go feed the cat' or 'water the plants'.

Lord-Galiwyn and Logain like this.
  7. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

its not specified,(inside only) but that might be correct. We will have to wait and see.

8. stile

stile Avatar

Id like them to be able to be scripted based on key words.

I can choose their keyword "stile". They have a response i input "stile not home".

End result could be stuff like:

Darkstarr comes to my house. "Jeeves, where is stile?"

They see key word stile and respond "Darkstarr Stile is out on a guild event and expects to be here at 3 hours after moonrise". I input that response based on a guild event.

The ability for a dozen or so user defined responses would alliw servants to provide usual infoemation... Vendor shops. "Im looking for swords", key word sword = response "we have a non compete with the shop next door. Go there for weapons but get your armor here".

Id also like to see them be able to take a message.. Using the darkstarr visits me ecample:

"Hell be home... Yadda yadda... Would you like me to take a message?"

Darkstarr "tell him he owes me 500 gold and if i dont have it by tomorrow.. Well, itll be bad"

I stop my house later "jeeves do i have messages?"

Jeeves "darkstarr was here at xxx and said yyy".. "The mad hermit was here at xxx but did not leave a message"

Maybe they can hold items for you.. "But the mad hermit did leave this for you". *trade window opens*

So on.

Now your servants are a valuable and useful addition to the game, especially taverns, shops, etc... And its using stuff already programmed in game for npc's anyway.

It doubles as a message board and mail system. And does not really provide any huge in game advantages.

Lord Baldrith, Jynx, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.