Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC flags

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by moko, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moko

moko Avatar

Greetings!
    I often encounter NPCs which I have come to think of as "incorrectly flagged" e.g. black smiths not paying full value for weapons. Should I bug report this or is it intended behaviour?

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi moko. They never pay full value for things. Also they do pay more or less for items depending on how damaged they are. You are talking about weapons and armor you find as loot, right? The blacksmiths as you say would and should pay you the most out of any vendors if selling blacksmith items, but also beware the economy will affect how much they will pay, so it will fluctuate. It is turning out to be a bit complex. Items used to sell for a lot more, but economy is starting to get put in and it is more difficult to make money selling to vendors I find. Crafting and selling to other players is suppose to be the way to make money, but so far that is having it's own issues too with cost to craft and time sink to get resources, and finding buyers for your merchandise etc, which is a whole other discussion. ;)

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I can't speak for certain for R33, because I haven't done any test runs, but in past releases some blacksmiths did pay full value. For example, the blacksmith in Owl's head paid full value for all weapons, rusty or not, while the smith in Ardoris only paid full value for bows. To find out which vendors pay full value, you need to repair one piece of each kind of loot to 100%. If the price the blacksmith offers is equal to the price displayed in your inventory, you know you found a premium blacksmith.

I don't think it is a bug that some blacksmiths pay more than others. It means that it is worthwhile to explore and get to know the towns and their vendors well.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes thank you for your explanation. but I feel like they don't pay full price and I could be wrong and perhaps I am mistaken and thinking how little they pay anymore, thinking that this just can't be full price, but since full price has been nerfed over and over it didn't feel like full price, well perhaps. ;) Thanks for your response, well now that we are confused by my answer. I remember the good old days getting $5000 or more from selling my loot. ok ok, well Again go to bed Majoria it is 3:00 am but not an excuse ;)

Kara Brae likes this.
  5. moko

moko Avatar

Thanks for the reply, @majoria70 but I was referring exactly to what @Kara Brae described. I'd really like to know if it is intended or not.

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The more I think of it and how people (including myself) are earning less gold, the less likely it seems to me that the vendors still pay full price. So you are probably right :). The problem is, it is expensive to test - you used to be able to repair loot to full durability for a couple of hundred gold. Now you have to spend a COTO to do so.

7. moko

moko Avatar

@Kara Brae I bought a normal dagger from a vendor. I can assure you that the blacksmith in Owl's Head still pays "full value" (aka bought for 160 gold, sold for 80 gold) for it. The one in Brit Alleys does so, too. The one in Mud doesn't.

I'd totally be willing to try all balcksmiths I can find in game, but I'd first like to know if it is a a bug or a feature.

Budner likes this.
  8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, 'some' blacksmiths do pay extra and other blacksmiths seem to not have the blacksmith flag.
    Notably:

Etceter, Owls Head, Resolute, Soltown, Brittany & surrounding > pay increased value
    Many of the other towns do not, the blacksmiths pay the same for weapons as say, the alchemy merchant.
    Again I'm not sure if this is intended or not, to funnel people toward 'big' towns - if its not intended, I'll happily report the cheapskate blacksmiths when I find them.

moko and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.