Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC Mages seem to be healing for extreme amounts

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Ryodin Stormwind, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I didn't see anything in the R53 instructions that mentioned a change, but it seems like some NPC Mages are healing for extraordinary amounts if you give them the opportunity.

My target of choice has been elves lately. Hardened Elven Mages and the Elven Mages in The Rise have both exhibited this behavior that I don't recall seeing before.

For example, in the case of the mages in The Rise, I'll get one down to around 100-150 health points, and he will get off a heal spell that will take up all the way back up to 850 life or so. It almost sounds like he's double casting heal, but my sound has been a bit wonky lately, and I haven't checked the combat logs yet.

I've seen the same sort of thing happen with the Hardened Elven Mages too. It's happened at least 10 times today that I can recall, and I don't ever recall seeing this before.

Is this intended or a bug?

Oyjord Hansen and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Perhaps their AI has changed to heal wounded comrades more often. I've noticed the same AND that multiple mages are casting heals on the one I'm beating on. How do I know? Because I've seen two or three green healing beams hit my target from different directions and, BAM!, almost back to full strength.

The upside is that mages casting heals are not casting fire and death at me!

I've adjusted my Blade tactics to concentrate on a single mage to kill faster regardless of the focus cost using more Coup de Grace and high focus cost combos.

Don't know if it's intended or a bug though. @Chris , care to share your thoughts?

EDIT: Yes, solo mages have always done it and I haven't noticed any differences in solo mage healing. What seemed different to me was the additional multiple heals from other mages. Maybe it was happening before but it just seemed like they were doing it more this release.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  3. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I've seen a solo mage do it, so I don't know if that is it.

4. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

Did some tests here, its working as good as it was in R52.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.