Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC sitting down is unfair for commissioned vendor

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by DavidDC, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I came in my home today saw all 3 of my vendor sitting down behind a table which make them pretty much invisible. I had to remove an item and put it back on them and pay the commission. A commission free vendor would cost nothing to make him stand up. Thats kinda cheap shot. My vendor sell music and stuff with very slow movement and having them sit down and making em pretty much invisible doesnt help the chance to sell anything.

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Just put a water bucket or something cheap up for sale at 1 gp to activate the vendor.

Retlaw, hroth and moko like this.
  3. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

When they put in the change to charge the fee after sale, this will be more tolerable. @DarkStarr said that it was coming, not sure if it is R53 or later

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I already disliked the standing vendors but the ones huddling by the roadside look like homeless people. At least give them chairs :(

Numa, hroth, Beaumaris and 2 others like this.
  5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I think the sitting down of vendors is a great feature to avoid players wasting time opening the inventories of inactive vendors, but it should be used sparingly. Why not reserve this for vendors that are empty or have not been visited by their owner AND have not sold a single thing in 14 days? Use it to indicate that browsing a vendor's inventory most likely is not worth it because it is empty or has only a few shelf warmers left that have been sitting there for a while. Then the feature is useful. As it is now, it is not, and it is hurting business for more casual players that restock less frequently, but then put a lot of stuff on their vendors.

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Also, I noticed the vendor name always goes grey when sitting. I would prefer if the grey name means "zero items, don't even bother opening", and sitting merely shows lack of activity.

Unintended consequences gonna happen. That being said, I replaced the house on a lot yesterday. When I put the vendor down, he sat immediately, not a problem. Then I loaded him and he remained sitting. A few hours and many new instances later, he was still sitting down, full of items all from that day.

And I hope they're going to fix that problem with the default merchant model sitting, where it stretches the texture over his left leg.

Tiina Onir likes this.
  7. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Id prefer it the other way around: Grey means "lack of activity," sitting means "nothing, don't bother." Definitely think each should have a different meaning.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Try placing them on crates.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'd pre fer if they swapped the current scheme. Name goes grey when the owner hasn't listed new items in a while, they sit when they're empty.

Tiina Onir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.