Obtaining a Castle Deed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kytail, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm now at an RF Lord pledge with an overworld POT... and now I'm broke. I was walking through some various POTs looking around at the templates today, and I noticed that the City/Keep/Castle lots are indeed spectacularly awesome. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever be able to afford that sort of lot with real money.

So, that raises the question: What will it take to get one of these later? Obviously, they'll be without the coveted "rent-free" aspect, so that raises some additional questions.

Do we know what the availability of these deeds will be in the future? If I make room for one in my POT, would it be even possible to put a deed there in the future?

Obviously, we can't figure actual prices right now (because there is no established economy), but if it is possible to obtain one in-game, how much are we talking? Would I have to gather numerous friends to all donate everything they have for me to get it? :D

And then there's the rent thing. Even if one of these were possible to obtain and place in a POT, what would the rent be like? Would I have to be an extreme gamer, playing 4+ hours every day grinding gold just to afford it?

Just trying to get a feel for this sort of thing. Thanks, everyone.

Birko likes this.
  2. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Hi Kytail,

I believe you will be able to purchase City Deeds for in game gold or off of another player. Keep and Castle Deeds are only available through a pledge so your options on getting one of those is very limited.

The exact tax amounts hasn't been released yet so your guess is as good as anyone else's in this respect.

Svahn, Kytail and Lord Andernut like this.
  3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Edit - Woftam beat me to it.

You can obtain city deeds post launch via whatever sort of system they implement. In fact one can obtain a taxed city deed for less than your Lord Pledge costs if it's the size that you'd prefer ;)

The Dukes and Lord of the Manor - Keep & Castle deeds are, for episode 1, ONLY available via pledging. And if someone wants to drop 5500 or 12000 now then I don't begrudge them a larger piece of real-estate.

In a POT one could theoretically place 4 city lots in the shape of a castle lot but I think the rent on 4 city lots would prove onerous.

I recall seeing a dev say something like - Taxes for one lot should be obtainable via regular playing, taxes for two lots will require you to be working harder for it and taxes for 3 or more lots will start to be onerous. Granted that was a long time ago, but taxes are supposed to be a gold-sink and will likely be priced accordingly.

FYI - I would say that the amount of gold to obtain a property would be relatively similar to the exchange rate for what that gold might be worth in cash value. City lots will likely be pricey.

Kytail, 4EverLost and Woftam like this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It is noteworthy though that ALL in-game pledge items are tradable. There is also the matter of the guild stretch goal where supposedly castles might be available to guilds but we really don't have any details on that.

enderandrew and Kytail like this.
  5. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

Awesome - thank you for the responses. I believe that thoroughly answers my questions to the best of the community's ability at this time.

And, no I'll keep the Lord pledge and skip the city lot for now, @Lord Andernut. ;)

6. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

The lord house is awesome, but it sadly takes up most of that sweet town lot. I'm at Knight myself planning for knight Marshal soon and debating if I wanna go up to lord or not.

Kytail likes this.
  7. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

Yeah, it does look pretty sweet. It's a shame that we don't get both the Lord house AND the houseboat. My understanding of it, it would take two separate deeds to do that.

8. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Yeah, same with my lighthouse :(. It's cool but not cool enough to be my main house. Especially once I get the town lot. Most of the water capable lots will go wasted I think.

9. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I was just lamenting this fact last week. I HAVE to use my rent free founder deed for my house boat. I can't just save up for another town deed and plop my boat down later. It seems like someone was a little overzealous with handing out sweet rewards we can't use.

I still think the ability to claim water lots should be a founder reward, and not tied to a deed.

10. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

I almost feel like the governer/owner of a POT should be able to claim some amount of the land within "for free" ... but some would argue that this would devalue all deeds by a small amount... :/

11. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Considering all PoTs currently cost as much as a Town Lot, there was a suggestion a while back that PoT owners get a PoT specific deed that can't be used anywhere else. And, of course it wouldn't be tax free. It makes a lot more sense than giving add-on store houses...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    Duke Olahorand, Numa and Kytail like this.
  12. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

It was my understanding that deeds can be upgraded in game, even keeping the tax-free benefit if the deed has it. Granted, it most likely won't be cheap.

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  13. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

That would be awesome. Actually, that would be absolutely perfect. I would imagine that by the time I have money again, the pledges won't be available anymore. Further, I don't even want all the other frills and benefits from the Baron/Duke/LOTM pledges. I just want a bigger, tax-free lot. I mean those other benefits are nice and all, but ... yeah what am I talking about - I can't really afford anything anymore after dropping all that money on what I have now! :p

14. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

That would be awesome, as Kytail said. That's the first I've heard it though.

15. Stranger

Stranger Avatar

I thought i heard of this very early on in the game, possibly in a dev chat or something but i have not heard of it since. Within the past few months I did bring it up to other players in game and was told that this will not be the case. So i dont know what the reality will be but it would be great if we could find where this was originally mentioned.

16. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

This would go up to City lot only, as it has been stated already, Keep and Castle lots are tied solely to the related pledges.

Kytail likes this.
  17. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

That would still devalue the lot deeds as you're basically getting a free town surrounding your lot if they did that.

I'd be ok with them offering packages to include POT only lots.

Kytail, 4EverLost and Elwyn like this.
  18. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

But they are both already limited in number, which is the real marker for value. You either pay for your town lot that has to go in its own instance, or you can pay for a lot that can be placed anywhere on the map. Once either option is sold out, that's it. Doesn't sound devalued to me, it sounds like options.

19. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I dunno... Paying the same price for your own town with a lot, as you can for just a town lot seems a little like a better deal lol.

Maybe a free row lot with your POT I could see.

4EverLost likes this.
  20. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

I like this idea. A greatly-reduced-price City deed (or other smaller ones, of course), that could only be used in your own POT, available as an add-on for your POT. This would give POT owners a better opportunity to customize their POT and offer more services.

If there's great concern about this devaluing the other types of deeds significantly, an arbitrary per-account limit could be imposed. As it is, I believe the 3-lots-per-account rule limits that significantly enough as it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.