Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Oddities

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by rob2, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob2

rob2 Avatar

Skeletons:

1) I can kill the large skeletal footmen/archers/mages in about one hit. This is probably a bug.
    2) They often don't ressurect, but they aren't dead yet either. They go down, their corpses are not lootable.

Trees:

If I fail to chop down a tree, it still falls to the ground. Reharvesting will raise it back up on the 2nd chop.

Harvestables:

If you're looting a successfully harvested harvestable, and you get attacked, the loot window closes.

Confirmation bias and clustering illusion aside, the success rate shown when harvesting is wrong. I currently have 58% chance success on red spider corpses, and today, I failed 14 times in a row. I also failed on a node I was harvesting which advertised a 100% success rate. SOTA, you're cheating!

(Would it be possible to have an option to auto-reharvest when you fail? I feel like I'm getting carpal tunnel on all the re-clicks. Also, each time I re-harvest, my avatar marks time for about 4 beats before he gets back to work).

Merchants:

In Owl's head, the crafting vendor and the weapons vendor refused to deal with me. Someone told me I need to talk to a guard first, which worked. This seems like a needless step.

Banking:

I had some MAJOR items expire on the auction house, and I never got them back, though I did get my paltry gold refund.

Items sometimes do not autostack in the bank, and need to be manually merged.

Spectral foothills:

Well, those bandit champions and marksmen are tough! i.e., they take forever to kill, and the exp is about 1500 each, which I find pretty meager in comparison to the obsidian stags, and large red spiders which take 1/10th as long to kill, and give as much/more xp.

My weapon:

My weapon currently has a durability max of 90. It used to be 100. What happened to my 10%?

Picking up a pickaxe:

When I pick up a pickaxe off the ground, it becomes my wielded weapon. Who on earth would want this to happen? A similar thing happened when I crafted a piece of plate armor. I realized 10 minutes later when I tried to clomp something that I was wielding a blacksmithing hammer in one hand, and a hot chisel in the other.

Overland map:

When I exit a scene, can you orient me in the direction I was facing when I entered? It's discombobulating to have to reorient each time I'm dragged into a spurious battle.

Weapon combos:

Quadruple slash is still completely impotent. I saw the note about it supposedly doing more damage against armored critters, but it's still the equivalent of a feather-duster. Smoldering shiv's DoT is also still pretty weak for the front-loaded damage you're sacrificing from the two glyphs to use it. The DoT damage should somehow scale.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  2. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Some great comments there,

I'd like to particularly emphasise these ones:

"Someone told me I need to talk to a guard first, which worked. This seems like a needless step."

"When I pick up a pickaxe off the ground, it becomes my wielded weapon. Who on earth would want this to happen?"

"When I exit a scene, can you orient me in the direction I was facing when I entered?"

3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

They may be summons from other undeads - like skeleton mages and liches. They yield no loot.

4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is an artifact of the earliest releases when you began the game in Owl's Head and talked to a guard as your first interaction. We'll remove that requirement next release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.