Offline mode bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

I see a lot of plundered accounts for sale. Some are Bundles, some are founder or benefactor pledges. The one thing I have noticed is that even though they have been plundered and you pay a low price for it all the rewards are still there when you play offline. Hopefully this will make offline play more worthwhile for people and Offline will get some love. Imagine paying $60.00 for a citizen founder account and getting all the rewards to use in offline.

2. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Offline you can buy all rewards, up to LotM, for IGG.

Nelzie likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's less of a difference than you might think: all the rewards are available offline for gold. it does help to start with them, though.

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Also, in offline mode, you can only claim the rewards once per account... so if the original owner already did that before selling it, the new owner can't reclaim the rewards offline.

jammaplaya and Nelzie like this.
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Actually that's not entirely true. If you have the account information, you can continue to claim all rewards on that account (offline) for each new character. Though a single character can only claim them once. So if you're like me and have two games running offline.. each character can continue to claim the rewards on your online account. This includes telethon rewards and store purchases going forward. All you need is an active account to log into.

Nelzie, Fister Magee and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Good to know. They once said that you can only claim your items once, and I specifically asked if that was per character or per account and never got a reply. I was afraid the answer was going to be "per account" and with possibility of things breaking or changing before official launch... I haven't claimed my stuff offline yet.

Nelzie likes this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

My expectation (partly confirmed by @Bowen Boodgood) is that you can claim once per offline game that you start. I haven't played offline yet, so I don't know the distinction of a "different character", but usually offline games let you start a completely new game session with no effects from previous game sessions. (with the possible exception of unlocking extra modes for a "second time through")

But yes, the list of rewards that were originally in your account stays unchanged even if you sell the item in live, so if you buy a secondhand account, you may get some extra stuff when you start an offline game.

That too. This just means you get them right away, instead of having to grind for them.

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Technically per offline game is more accurate. :) I just tend to think in terms of which character I'm playing at the time. Two offline games.. two different characters. For me talking about offline it's almost synonymous. :)

It could be easily confusing.. since online you can only claim them once and the earlier scenario described for offline would hold true for online. Since once claimed, the items are flagged as claimed on your account. But practically speaking, those items must remain available to the account offline. Since you can always start new games. It wouldn't be fair if you started a new offline game and didn't have access to what you paid for.

Winfield likes this.
  9. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I agree with this. I may re-play SotA Offline many times in the future (even if the online portion ever shuts down; heaven forbid). Just like the old Ultimas, re-install the game and poof, everything is back to where things started; all the starter gear. For SotA Offline, this should include pledge rewards and store-bought items connected to that offline account.

In offline mode, if I mess up my character and claimed my Castle offline, I want to be able to wipe the offline game and start over; and get my Castle again.

May also be issues with computer crashes/wipes. Need to reinstall an offline game from scratch.

Nelzie likes this.
  10. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Yep, because the game information for Single Player is all located on the PC the game is installed on. If you move PCs, you have to copy over everything regarding the offline game you are playing, or you lose it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.