Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

OK. Let's talk Spiders

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by GMDavros, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

So i'm level 33, fully decked out in heavy armor and well skilled. I happen across some spiders and try to ignore them and be on my way. I agro them and they swarm me. "No problem", i think, but how wrong I was...

I was thrilled when I got rooted by one of them with a web. "Neat", I thought. "Great addition. Works very well for spiders". Until the rest of them proceeded to mega-spam me with poison. I"m talking a solid stream of green goo. It was like a chain-gun that destroyed me in less than 5 seconds.

I love the idea that they root. I love the idea that they shoot poison. But their attack frequency? WOW. I think this needs to be addressed. There's no defense against it that I know of, and the speed with which they spew venom is ridiculous.

Just my 2 cents.

Fenris

2. monxter

monxter Avatar

True, had trouble with the poison machine guns. Don't worry, I doubt it's the final state of their poisoning ability though. The sooner it gets balanced, the better of course. But I'm guessing the devs are quite busy, so we'll see.

Leos and Akro like this.
  3. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I think spiders are really cool as they are, obviously they need to be balanced, but i love how they zerg you to death. Another problem is that they are often located on areas that are not supposed to be much difficult (i guess).

tekkamansoul and monxter like this.
  4. monxter

monxter Avatar

Heh, yeah zerging is what they do!

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

6. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Spiders are ridic. I generally last longer against a lich and all his adds than on the same number of brown spiders.

Alexander, monxter and Duke Raas like this.
  7. Sunswords

Sunswords Avatar

8. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I hate the spiders more then almost every monster in the game because they are way too hard! They should be a lot easier then this.

9. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Glad to see this thread. I think the real problem with the spiders is that they spray out their poison like 'water from a fire hose'. It is very difficult at level 52 to even survive the onslaught of these spiders.
    Here is a picture to illustrate what I mean.
    I feel that if they didn't spray poison at you constantly, but instead in bursts, then it wouldn't be as bad. The spider in the picture below killed my character before the timer ran out on the spider silk snare.
    Otherwise, I like the AI in that they back off, entangle your character with the spider silk, then hit you with the poison, It just needs to be toned down.
    [​IMG]

Net likes this.
  10. Wandering_Healer

Wandering_Healer Avatar

I can understand the zerg mentality of the AI of spiders, however, I've gotten a group of 4 spiders to attack me, and have 4 more join the battle, whilst I stay in the same position. It is cool to know the AI can tell where I am, but it makes fights last way too long.

11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

On the upside, you can kite other creature into them and they absolutely tear them a new one. They will even kill a lich.

12. Net

Net Avatar

I have this issue in Owl's Head Seweres. They root(web?) me like ten times a second and damage me for 3-8 points also 10 times in second. So even with 200 health I die quickly unless I type /stuck (which can be considered as exploit, but I am sure that those spiders started exploiting the game first:p)

Jynx and Alexander like this.
  13. WyrdWeb

WyrdWeb Avatar

Another issue with spiders, their line of sight/range - it is pretty over the top. In one area, the region loads up and you have wolves on one side and spiders on the other. The wolves are at least something like 10 feet away and they 'see' you, the spiders?... they can be on the outermost edge of the area and they come running, in packs (we are talking 1/2 of the entire sections' width). Now in RL, spiders have terrible vision, they have many eyes to help more with general close up 'sight' that is not that great and they heavily rely on the vibrations of their web to tell them they have trapped prey. If you figure out the relative distance with their size and their 'sight range' now, they are the best and most farsighted creature that has ever existed, RL or imaginary. It needs to be toned down a bit. :)

Alexander and Keira OFaolain like this.
  14. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I dont know call me crazy but Keira has always had a fear of spiders in every MMO she has existed in.... Now she has a reason to have this fear :)

Alexander likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.