Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ok where was this change listed and why it the range so Limited for Devotionals

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Nope i was apparently lieing to you.
    I DID mean standing in front, but apparently since the last patch, your right. I have been jumping as i run by it and it just worked out that i would jump during my run by and land in center, but i DID have to cross that little notch in corner.
    So while you dont have to jump IN the pool, you do have to jump in one of the enclaves on either side lol.
    My mistake, sorry guys. Coulda swore i was just standing there.

Your right that needs to be extended 1 Meter.

Barugon likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This works great. Thanks.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Pretty sure triggers don't have to be circular in Unity. They should extend a little bit in front so we can kneel and be devoted.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

First you do NOT have to jump in it plainly did not actually look at video, all oyu have to do is jump . . .

There is more than enough time and game play wasted for useless not needed actions - it was a fix to buffs triggering - knee jerked to much . . .

Said very clearly I know why it was done - just adjusted too much . . . .

If all oyu had to do was be one step away, it would cure EVERYTHING

You do NOT have to jump in I clearly showed that - - - - -

Again I KONW why this was implemented, it was to prevent buffs triggering by just walking to close - the P-R-O-B-L-E-M is all it does is ad another pointless action created by fix that went to far in the "Fix".

One step next to the devotional is more than enough range . . . . . . .

You want to make it a command or action - DO SO - make it so youhave to say something, take a knee, splash the water, . . . . . . Just hopping up and down is a cop out for a fix.

5. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i requested to reduce devotionals range in previous release.. before the change i will take the devotional buff directly walking to my house (some meters from devotionals).. but now i think that the range is to small... just enlarge by 50 cm this range.. just to not jump in the devotional.

Weins201 likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And I agrre range was way off and causing triggers to far way . . . . . the change thow is worse (75% of changes made by devs "fixing" something are like this)

Gatsu. likes this.
  7. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

It was clearly broke and they fixed it. You could run through a town and randomly pick up blessings that you don't want. You are clearly trying to find something to cry about. There are lots of other issues in this game and you are focusing on having to hit the space bar at a shrine.

8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I disagree. I think this change is better, not worse.

Also, it's a devotional. It should require a bit more effort to show your devotion than just walking up to it or running by it.

If hitting one more key to jump is too much effort for you, perhaps you aren't showing enough devotion and don't deserve the buff?

Tiina Onir and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

many of us felt it was too easy to walk too close to a devotional and unintentionally replace a current buff

FrostII likes this.
  10. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

While I was confused as all hell at first as to how to trigger the buff (jumping without holding the space bar isn't quite enough to jump into the water bath of sorts), I don't really have any issue with the current implementation. You're basically damn sure you want whichever buff you get in the current implementation and there's nothing really hard about jumping into the pool. IMO this gives POT people some more freedom in using the shrines as Deco/Ambiance since you can walk by them now.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  11. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Don't worry, that water is nasty.

12. Net

Net Avatar

I would actually expect right clicking the devotional to "use it" and perform short ritual animation or something.

FrostII, liz_the_wiz and Weins201 like this.
  13. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

yes, like kneeling at the graves

Net and Weins201 like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Another thing we could have done to make devotionals work is to have to click our 'pray' emote, or have a certain devotional emote or words of power to get the buffs. IMO adding a bit of interest to getting the buffs ;)

Weins201 likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

na, easy wrong over hard right :-(

True they could still fix it ? ? ? ?

16. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

I like this new change. I just recently started using the devotionals and was originally getting buffs just by walking nearby to find out the devotional name. Because using the devotionals will increase the likelihood of a siege, it seems like a change for the better. Otherwise accidental buffs that are not wanted are increasing the consequences for everyone.

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Not the issue we all know the range was out of whack.

Here is the problem (sure it is minor but) all you had to do was walk up to the Fountain, You could do this with one hand . . . there was not ANY action that needed to be take to get the devotional.

Now you have to do something, if that is the idea make it actually do something - pray, donate, ANYTHING.

If all it was a range adjustment - it was a very weak and the fix could be tweaked by ONE step to make it so you walk up, get devotional, run along.

So, I have never said the change was not needed, just that the change was done poorly and needs to be adjusted, or like I said make SOME action needed viable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.