On PVP - The beauty of choice.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Lathiari, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Kill Lord British and take his place. You will be the one calling the shots. Oh wait, you can't.

Umm, you just described a time limited looting by limiting yourself to the time it takes to loot before the person returns. The only suggestion I have made in this area is to make looting more than drag and drop. Not loot all button, you have a more real amount of time to move and item from location to location.

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yep id be good with that, as long as i have a choice to take what i want in that time frame. If im not done looting the corpse and you rez at the body then i kill you again and finish taking what i want :) Im not much of a rez killer but if i really wanted something and person returned to his body in the battle field, id be willing to make the exception. So a fix for that is when y ou get to rez place your corpse comes to you instead.

3. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

You might want to read Chris's reasoning for why full loot wasn't planned on the first post of the PvP and Death Megapost.

It's not just players saying that full loot is unfeasible without a change in gearing philosophy. It's the devs themselves. So, unless you address the devs' concerns about full loot in your proposals, I don't see much chance of them being taken seriously. Just asking for full loot without explaining why the issues mentioned in that first post don't apply, or providing an alternative to what they have planned, doesn't seem productive.

Not exactly. I'm just saying that a change to full loot will require a change to those systems in order for the game to still be enjoyable, which is far more complex than just a few lines of code or a reskin of the map system. I wouldn't be against making gear be cheap throwaway items that just enable skills, with all the power being in the character, which is one of the ways to make full loot workable (though one that the devs have specifically said they don't want to implement).

I'm all for PvP players being able to be perma-flagged from the start, as an option. But you really lost me when you talked about a PvE player having to go through PvP in order to opt out. That would simply guarantee that I would never play the game online.

A little clarification, though: I would skip the game not for the need for a little PvP, but due to the devs thinking it was okay to force players that don't want PvP into a PvP situation. That, for me, would be a clear sign of a dev team so out of touch with what I enjoy that I wouldn't want to touch anything produced by that team for roughly the next decade, at least not without stellar recommendations from someone with very similar taste in games to my own.

The Oracle does not make choices. It records the choices the players make for themselves. So anything you do can come back to haunt you ;)

Ahuaeynjgkxs and blaquerogue like this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

That was the intent on my time based loot suggestion.

The looter gets a choice on what to take. Time is limited by 3 things.

1: The player resurrects at the corpse and attempts to stop the looting.
    2: A 3rd party attempts to stop the looting.
    3: The dead players rebinds at a bind point and all of the loot returns to the player.

That and my suggestion was an attempt to push the ransom into an actual ransom and not an insurance paid to the looter.

blaquerogue likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i was just using that as an example it would be stupid to make you quest to not be pvp! like it is stupid to have to quest to be PVP!

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah thats why i said id meet halfway on that :)

7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hehe I liked one of your posts strider :)

on the side tho there is a little philosophical question here...

since I have 168 IQ (tested in many official places) I will probably be able to guess every quest event that would leave a trace on my "avatar virtues" so if I wanted I could totally not be myself, knowing I stand at a disadvantage to not be virtuous.

It's an old subject ! also very much linked to why communism is SO WRONG.

ayayay :/

8. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

Wow! allot to catch up on in this thread for sure!

I guess the question I would like to field here is as follows:

If you are PRO pvp/full loot why do you NOT want people to be able to play any other way? OR on the reverse side of the coin, if you are ANTI pvp/full loot why do YOU not want people to be able to play any other way?

At the end of the day if we can cater to both of those markets in a unique way it will only make the game more successful.. that's a good thing for both parties.

blaquerogue likes this.
  9. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I just thought this needed to be quoted.

So people read it again.

sn0tub likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Im totally for all getting what they want :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.