Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Open PvP in R13 and the most used exploits

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Net, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    :) Its all good friend! I am glad we all have the opportunity to have our opinions. :)

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

There was an extremely fun moment when a large mob was chasing jienie (PK ganker) through owls head and he was trying to hide but all the non PVP players and new players were pointing out his location and yelling "He went that way!!". I just hope third party communication never robs me of these side-splitting moments of karmic satisfaction.

royalsexy, KuBaTRiZeS, Gaelis and 6 others like this.
  3. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Everyone uses chat services these days. It's so much better and efficient than trying to type something while you're in battle. And it's fun to joke around in real time. That is not 3rd party and no way to stop such a thing. ICQ wasn't "banned" in UO, because it was not a 3rd party software anymore than Teamspeak or other chat software.

Everything else Net talked about was pretty sensible.

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

For all the new players out there if you dont know Jiennie, you will eventually! lol! , and his/her side kick archer/healer/mage/ make you OoooO! when fighting Jiennie friend as well!

5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

They've publicly said they're removing it when the game is stable enough to not need it... no point in trying to work around it because only GMs will have it ;)

6. smack

smack Avatar

The lag logic is absolutely atrocious. It boggles the mind how much it favors lagged players. They need to tone this logic down to make it more fair because it's currently completely broken / skewed.

Yep, they need to break out of those "modes" near instantaneously. And no slow wind-out animation. And the skill trainer needs to move to a transaction finalization model like vendors vs. real-time changes currently.

Yep, sounds like a bug. Like loading up a fake primary deck and real alternate deck, going into combat and doing a quick swap and you have zero initial cooldown on the swapped deck.

We already know /zone commands are going away prior to launch. The only way to find a player will be through some other player reporting the location or using Fyndoro's Tablet of Finding.

Sounds like a bug, just like zoning while as a Ghost removes the death penalty. Plus, the devs have stated in previous hangouts that they will put PvP timers on logging out or switching online modes. Those simply haven't been implemented yet.

The friends list could become a whitelist. So if you want someone to be your friend, you need to whitelist them. Then and only then can they add you as a friend. Right-click on them, choose "Allow friendship" (or similar /command). They can add you as a friend at any time without any other prompting from you so you are not spammed with requests. Right-click and choose "Remove friendship" (or similar /command). If you remove a friendship, both you and the other person are removed from each other's friends list and whitelist. Perhaps we can have an extra tab to show who we've whitelisted or who has friended us or similar /commands.

I do not see that as a bug or or problem in any way. You will have the same issue with moles in guilds. Having said that, they could check if one of your multiple characters is in an opposing warring guild but that only mitigates it partially.

They could get really strict with it and disallow two party members if:
    - their guilds are at war
    - they are direct friends (1-degree) of guilds that are at war
    - implement cooldown timers on or after unfriending / unguilding until the guild war ends -- they're actually already going something like this I believe in terms of guild PvP but it can be implemented against moles in pick up groups and re-joining opposing other guilds
    - again these are all partial solutions....you will never completely mitigate a true mole/spy

Agreed. I think the devs are aware of teleportation exploits but it's good to call them out. I doubt /home will exist at launch, but /stuck will and it should obey PvP cooldown timers.

Camera targeting exploit is a problem but combat evasion tactics is not.

Unsolvable...and secret communication is exploited for good and evil, both in game and in real life.

7. Net

Net Avatar

I think this will be hard to communicate to some people, but from in-game roleplay perspective it means you are getting information your character should not have access to.

I do not mind dual boxing per se, it is really not that different from having a friend doing the dirty job for you... it is the exploiting the information you should not have I mind, but I do not think that anything can really be done about it.

8. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Well it's actually not a problem. There is several ways to do this, one is to check if TS exe is running and shut it down (This will work on both Linux and Windows but I don't know about mac). Another easier way is to mute the microphone and that will work on all platforms.

Only question is if you as developer really want to be that intrusive.

Net and Ravicus (Sawtooth Hollow like this.
  9. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

As much as it would solve a few problems, trying to kill voice chat will just upset people and chase them off. Especially multi platform gaming groups like my own, old timers and the others that will make their way here eventually (it's a big part of some peoples every day lives).

Net, Tahru, Gaelis and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Oh I fully agree. I just wanted to show that although it is a common practice now, and widely accepted, some people view it as an advantage. I wanted to show the argument that it is indeed an extra to the game and does not come with the purchase of the game, but it is required in the sense that you will lose advantage in not having it. Its not a popular opinion I agree, but I do believe I have a point, even if it is from a moral stance. To me it the voice chat, particularly in games without world type chat at least, is excluding a fundamental part of the game. It bypasses what the game design has planned, by being able to communicate world wide. This is just my opinion guys, and I realize its not popular, although I know I will still get piled on here lol. All I hope is that some see my point. You dont have to agree with it, just understand it.

Arianna, KuBaTRiZeS, Net and 2 others like this.
  11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I actually have avoided voice chat while playing SotA so far (as much as that is irritating a few people) for that reason and also the fact that i am thoroughly enjoying exploring.. and sunsets. I do not disagree with you at all.

KuBaTRiZeS, Net, Gaelis and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Thank you! :)

Themo Lock and Net like this.
  13. Net

Net Avatar

Another exploit I have discovered.

If you use /follow you can not only keep closely to a target and hit them with melee attack everytime they lag, you can also cast spells such as fire arrow on the move!

14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

:O !

15. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Some people still don't realize this is pre alpha and we are being used for test dumbies right now, no one wants to wait 10 minutes for resurrections when they die while testing a game.

Tahru likes this.
  16. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Things like that still need to be reported in case they slip through the cracks and make it into the final version.

17. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

this ^ +1

Gaelis, Net and Themo Lock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.