Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Option to join multiple guilds/parties

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Net, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

I agree to an extent, it made guilds less of a part of the game but they were not meaningless. I still (occasionally) play GW2 and the one thing I personally spoils the guild aspect is being able to represent more than one guild. When I ran a guild over on Ferguson's Crossing I insisted that members had to rep my guild if we had x amount of players on line. If a member was a member of another guild and they logged in to play and no one was online then I had no issue with them repping for another guild.

I do understand in GW2 (to some extent) why they did it as you could join a mainly PvE guild but if you loved WvW or PvP rep with a guild that did a lot of those also.

Net and Jivalax Azon like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Old discussion, last time from here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/guilds-any-further-details-yet.15473/

My opinion is that people have a very strange idea what a guild is due to experience of features from other games. SotA should think outside the RPG trope of guilds and make a better system.
    Full text here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ds-any-further-details-yet.15473/#post-253647
    and here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-further-details-yet.15473/page-2#post-253800

and that there are really countless features on what an expanded concept of guild/club/company/bloodsworn system could have.
    Full text here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-further-details-yet.15473/page-3#post-254092

Net, Jivalax Azon and Mata like this.
  3. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

Agreed Spoon.

Also, consider the following: Let's say we have guilds and clubs/societies, then limit membership to 1 guild, but multiple clubs. So I'm in a guild and belong to different clubs (like Crafter's United Club, Fishing the Big One Club and Archery isn't for the Weak Club). Someone from another guild is also in Crafter's United Club. How would they be spying on my guild? That specific club is there for crafters to chat about crafting and to swap out ideas. I'm sure the Theater Troupe would be people from different guilds. But how stunning to all belong to a Theater Group or Club.
    We could have the Chaos Maniacs and the Virtue Hippies as clubs. Spying would only work if people talked about secrets, which is possible in more way than one.

Net, Mata and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  4. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Well said, Jynx ;)

Mata, Net and Jynx like this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yupp.
    From the links to my post above: "Because most would like to be in only one 'BFF' group, but would like the conveniency of companies/charters/town councils/crafters united/etc as well.
    So a distinction between "clubs", "companies" and blood sworn "guilds" would be nice.
    Then I can be true to my bloodsworn "guild" while setting up a "company" with fellow tradesmen, and belong to the I've been to the clink "club". "

Mata, Sir Dorham Isycle and Jynx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.