Other thoughts on fishing/butchery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MasterWan, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

Romancing the stone was a great movie. This got me thinking about fishing and butchery of animals. You can already make rugs from hides and trophy’s from fish and animals, but like romancing the stone what if catching and butchering a rare alligator lead to components to craft alligator skin boots/gear etc. and maybe and emerald??

Like the alligator example, rings and other trinkets from fishing should be found when actually butchering the fish. This could increase the demand for unbutchered fish on the player market for their potential drops. In the future when we have other aquatic animals like Great white sharks there could be other treasures and materials for cooking and crafting. (GW Shark fin soup).
    Just thought I would share what I was thinking about.

2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Hmmmm

They will eat almost anything.

Only on a very rare occasion would this happen though.

Ring, gem,......finger

3. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

Found in a forgotten book in a ruined dungeon: "During the cataclysm as the master of arms locked and ran from a little know weapons and armor store room at the base of the western stair behind a false wall, the sky began to fall. As he exited the fortress, fire was everywhere. As the meteors began to crash down the only option of escape was the deep mountain side lake only 50 yards ahead. The officer survived, but unfortunatly his store room key and his master at arms ring didn't leave the lake. Where could they be today?"

majoria70 likes this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Great idea, actually. Please make fishing more interesting. I want to be able to get more than bass or salmon and the occasional cloth item.

We should be able to rarely get player loot from fishing, anything, anything to make it more interesting and worth all the xp sink.

Even if it was just 2x different stuff than we have now it would make the whole sub-game of fishing more fun. And tie it into cooking more please

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.