Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Overland Bandit Encounter - Bounty Hunter appeared in scene before it was all clear and was killed

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Anpu, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

06/04/2019 10:14
    Title: Overland Bandit Encounter - Bounty Hunter appeared in scene before it was all clear and was killed
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker?Yes, we cannot do any of the repeatable slip turn in quests, because the NPC is killed.
    Details: While killing all the bandit's in this specific overland bandit encounter (which STILL had a number of bandits still in it), I suddenly noticed the bandits were killing something in the scene. A Bounty Hunter had appeared in the scene, but the Bandit's killed it. Perhaps something is not checking that all the bandits are still present before the bounty hunter should be appearing?
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter this specific overland bandit encounter (RandomEncounter_Plains01_Road/HumanBandits) kill the bandits at the campfire, then start killing the remaining bandits. After getting the message about a great threat, kill just the high level enemies that are spawning, leave the other ones alone. After killing off the high level creatures, if a NPC spawns in, the remaining bandit's in the scene will kill it, if they see it.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.984.Date.05.31.19
    Area: RandomEncounter_Plains01_Road/HumanBandits
    Area Display Name: Plains Road Encounter
    Loc: (-63.8, 32.8, -19.9)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX1BsYWluczAxX1JvYWR8SHVtYW5CYW5kaXRzfCgtNjMuNzkxLCAzMi44MzgsIC0xOS44NTYpfCgwLCAwLjg0NCwgMCwgLTAuNTM2KXwyMzUuMTQyM3wyNi41NzI4NHwxMS41MzQ1

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

This could be OK. In random encounters, some enemies are incidental and others are connected to a wave battle. If the wave battle progresses, the "boss" enemies will appear. Kill the bosses and the bounty hunter may appear. The incidental enemies may still be in the area, and that's intentional.

Synergy Blaize and Jaesun like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It would be nice if these NPCs that appear had enough health that you could come to their rescue. As it is, the low-level "incidental" enemies can kill them in just a few hits. And maybe a spawn message, like the "great threat" one, "You notice a traveler approaching", so you can know to look for the NPC?

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I have seen the Bounty Hunter & Researcher being attacked by stray enemies & I have been able to save them. But I guess only because I noticed it happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.