Owl's Head Looks Terrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fain, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

You mean that's what my cat was trying to make me understand for years each morning ? I knew he was trying to tell me something !

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Fungus likes this.
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

While I agree with you in principle , there are ways to introduce player housing into an NPC town without it becoming majorly disruptive. Take Kingsport for example , the player houses are to the right and a little to the side of the main path into the town. You can completely ignore them since they aren't in your face. At the same time the houses are still close enough so as not to discourage visitors.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

... naw, just a glitch in the Matrix.

Numa and Hornpipe like this.
  4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

@Julian Baskerville

One person's freedom ends where another's (who paid as well) begins.

Many bought a deed for a lot in a certain town and landscape is part of the deal. Ensure that everyone talks about what can or can not be done is a healthy debate. Absolute freedom is non sense. I can buy a house : it does not give me the right making loud noise all the night.

5. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

... and this is why we have Zoning Laws... (that everyone hates, until your neighbor wants to park his cars on his front lawn...) :D

Elijah, Numa, evillego6 and 1 other person like this.
  6. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

That sums it up perfectly.

Womby and GraveDncer like this.
  7. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

uhm...I beg to differ:

1.) There is no rule stating that "anothers taste" shall give you permission to place it or not. The row fitts, and if its your turn...enjoy.

2.) When I build my house here, the neighbors actually complained that it was looking to modern compared to the "area". And? As long as I'm within the regulations and building on my own turf, hey...look into another direction dear neighbor.

And the matter of noise...is a complete different matter. Thats respect of one another...and I think who ever build those houses you dont like isnt standing there 24/7 spamming your chat while shouting nonsense (aka making loud noise all night).

uhhh...and...IMHO <-- allways need to write this

Lets do it like that: I get my house (row lot from Ancestor) with #90. Continue complaining here and I'll be your neighbor.

See...it can always get worse ;)

Now smile people...its a game...bring that neighbor some flowers and a cake, and maybe you'll make a new friend.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    DuKe NuKeM likes this.
  8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

One oft ignored advantage of Player Owned Towns is some modicum of control over who one's neighbors are.

Womby, Numa and cartodude like this.
  9. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Those are valid points. I understand your concerns. It's very unpleasant when the tranquility of our home depend on the goodwill of others. Problem is : it's a two way street. The noisy neighbors was an allegory ; we have five senses : taste, smell, touch, hearing.... and sight. A neighbor who build a wall (or the sixth lighthouse) that block sea sight, is as embarrassing as a noisy neighbor. That's why there is law. And personally, I would be for giving vote to the instance inhabitants for what can be built or not. In addition, it would create the first political game in a RPG (i think).

10. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Yup, in my area, there are zoning laws, then historic district laws, then home owner association rules... (you can never have too many rules :confused:...) as long as you abide by what applies to your area you can build what you want.

11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Closing this thread down. There doesn't seem to be any constructive discussion here at all, other than to bash Owl's Head as looking bad. If there are constructive concerns on house placement and towns, please make them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.