PA Deed upgrade to Water? Any recent updates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tahru, Mar 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I know there has been on and off discussion about PA deeds, "maybe" being upgradable to water in recent years.

It is just that there are so many open and desirable water lots, it seems silly. Either take away water lots or enable the upgrade.

I know that the water deeds were special to early backers, but we are so far beyond that point now and we have towns with lots of empty lots players cannot claim.

Has there been any progress or discussion on this more recently?

BTW: I know a select few will say, the status quo is good enough and I respect that option. I hope those few will also respect that I don't share that perspective.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can upgrade a place-anywhere deed to water, just not tax-free water.

The upgrade that was in question was for tax-free POT water deeds.

Anpu and Tahru like this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Thanks for the update! That is interesting and certainly an improvement. I guess I have been spoiled for so long that I don't even consider deeds that are taxed for anything. As I an LotM, I take great comfort that as long I am in game within 390 days, everything still is at it was. But that is just being selfish, I know. At least there is that upgrade path though, so that is a great thing. Although the tax on bigger lots is really high.

4. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

And in another update some time ago POT deeds are now placeable in PRT'S....

FYI

5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Forgive me, what is PRTS? Is that QA?

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

Player Run Towns, scenes without story or npcs.

Lazarus Long, Anpu and Tahru like this.
  7. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

You can upgrade place anywhere deeds to POT water deeds but not PA water deeds, even taxed. The only way to claim a water lot in an NPC town is using a founder deed.

I would very much like for a taxed PA water deed to be created if and when POT Tax free water deed is created, as it is a similar 'compromise' while keeping PA Tax Free water deeds as founder only.

Barugon likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Here is the thread with information from Ravalox: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pot-tf-water-deeds.172798/

There are two aspects to this (both are on the table)

1. Allow taxable POT water lots deeds be upgradable to Tax Free POT Water lot deeds
    2. Create POT placeable full Keep and Castle water lot markers

For #1 ... I have adjusting the lot deed upgrade paths on my list of stuffs. I have to review what Elgarion had done in the past before I make any changes, but I do not foresee any issues with this.

For #2 ... This too is a good idea, there was some reason why this was not completed when it was first brought up, I am not 100% sure why that was. I have recently created a new lot size (for Dev use) and plan to create another that the players will be able to leverage. While doing that work, I should be able to create and test a full water lot marker as well. this will be more complicated than just making a new lot size as I would need to hook the existing scripts that are used by the (baked in - static) full water lots.

Closing this thread ...

We have decided to offer POT water deeds up to castle size so that players can make use of embedded POT water lot markers that can not otherwise be used. This does not infringe on the true founder deeds that allow placement on land or water in POTs or in NPC cities with player lots.

That's all we know for now. *At some point* this will be an option in game.

Ravalox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.