Pack Zebras

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Crikey, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crikey

Crikey Avatar

$100, 000 for Pack Animals?
    We already have an Add-on store with pet critters. Unity is packed with lots more.
    To create the pack-mules, isn't that just like combining the 'pet code' with the 'chest code' or the 'bag code' and having the pet follow you around? Just like the tamed-pets will, regardless?

Isn't all this coding mostly already done, or essential to be done, for Taming?
    I'm imagining this whole system or delivery structure changing.
    Add-on store pets sell for $5-10 and other pets are 'free' with pledges.
    Add-on store pack-mules, once available for purchase, would probably sell for $20-$30.
    Selling just 3,000 pack-mules = $60-90K
    Pack-mules in the Add-on store would provide Portalarium with rivers of gold.

The thing that gets in the way is the Stretch-Goal Store overview statement: 'These rewards are completely unique and will not be sold in the add-on store, in-game, or given as a pledge reward.'
    Perhaps that wording could be side-stepped by adding pack-mule zebras?

Given the sluggish results for Pack Animals in the stretch goals, they could be on the wish list for ages.
    Imagine being half way through Episode 2 and still having no pack-mule sales in the Add-on store?
    I think an economist would say that pack-mules; whether they be llamas, donkeys, zebras or kangaroos, should make their way to the Add-on store sooner rather than later?

Lord Baldrith and tradyblix like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

This is something that I've been wondering since the beginning of the stretch goals.

It appears that the devs are saying "you'll get an exclusive unique cool thing if you contribute to this stretch goal!" But then they're also ready to say "but we're still going to let other players have horses or be elves or have pack llamas (just not this particular llama that has blue eyes!)".

I don't mind the devs making pack zebras at all. But the idea that players that don't contribute could get another colored horse, for example, that burns me up and I think it's a failed business strategy.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

I would guess so, unless they're planning to give us the ability to "dress" pack animals and mounts with bags and stuff.

I'm also pretty unclear as to how the "unique items" that they're advertising in the store are different than horses we'd get in the game through normal means; maybe that we'd only be able to buy adult horses in game, or buy horses from other players? OR are they just implying horses are a vanity item?

Technically, any animal that could be used as a mount should be able to be used as a pack animal, and vice versa. Horses were used as pack animals, and mules/donkeys were ridden by nobles and monks. Oxen, pack animals, weren't typically used as mounts for obvious reasons, but were used if there were no other mounts available.

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

I like all the stretch goals, and I like that they're being sold, and will "evolve".

I just can't see the numbers working. but we'll see in a couple months. maybe we'll get there.

Bring on Ships ! Who cares about elves !!!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

I'm surprised that of all the things they plan to sell in the stretch goal store, they're not selling actual ships! I mean, that's what people would WANT to buy, but instead they're going to try to fund the stretch goal of ships by selling 4 million captain's uniforms? I have no idea why this would seem like a good idea to anyone.

It would be like if Star Citizen tried to reach a goal of 47 million by only selling space suits and seat cushions.

Alexander and tradyblix like this.
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

I know. Ships would be amazing. Skiff, Frigate, Corsair, Caravel, Galleon.

Give us a hangar module to.... oh wait :)

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well... we got towels :)

The houseboat thing is just meh. I want a real ship, one I can pilot from Port Graff to Elysium with a supply of banned deadly nightshade and mandrake root in the hold.... Rel Hur

8. Drocis the Devious

• Rowboat: 2-4 people
    • Longboat: 6-12 people
    • Frigate/Galleon/Houseboat: 20+ people
    I think Rowboat out sells Admirals Hat or whatever they have in there now.

9. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

If the pack animal was a dragon, I'd jump on it.

smack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.