Pay to Win already? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goblin, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Had to dig through my IRC log to find it but here is a quote for ya.

2. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

No. The skills available in Episode one will be yours. He was talking about adding a new skill tree later on, that doesn't offer any advantages, just something different. My take on it is maybe it's a poison spell skill tree or something(focusing on dots and negative status, not necessarily better than any other tree available). This isn't set in stone, just some idea he was considering.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

What amount of time is required to grow the fruit? Will the growing time be thirty minutes or one day or one week? Will the game have other full healing items?

4. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Chris and RG said the healing fruit is just like a healing potion you can easily get in game no real advantage other than saving you a bit of money if you buy them. I haven't heard of any timeline they have locked down on that regrowth, will likely be factored in based on other farming activities. It sounded like a once a day thing from the description but I think they are still figuring out growth rates.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

I hope not as that seem to P2W depending on the in game situations that may be overcome by the new skills.

6. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Well like I said it wouldn't be any better/worse than using the earth spell tree or water spell tree instead. Atleast that would be the goal if they went with that. Another part of that interview was he liked League of Legends model, where buying heroes didn't make you better or give you an advantage, they are different options.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Grow time is 1 day* (was not stated if it was one in game day or one real time day) Similar in game items will be available.

Since I do not have a source to quote, and I'd rather not hunt for it, I will retract the 1 day portion of the post. But there is still going to be a growth cycle, and with similar items available, this will be a limited cost savings only. (I stand by the similar item in game part, even without a source to quote, this is the case with most everything else)

If pack space is a commodity, I'd rather not have 1 seed, unstackable with anything else, taking up that space. It will be on display in a house.

8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I am very anti potion popping anyway. Full heal potions should not be in any way spammable. Now if full heal potions ever become available in the store, I would get very uncomfortable.

Something like the full heal potion on cooldown after use until combat breaks is reasonable. Multiple full heal potions in one fight is bad. But that's wondering a little off topic.

The Immortality Fruit seed is a limited item, it's not available in the store as an addon, it's only from the pledge. Some will use it, some will put it on display, others will stuff it in storage and forget about it.

All I see is 1 free healing potion every growth cycle + the time it takes to actually replant (travel included)

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

that's my interpretation as well. Although I think we can probably get them to grow faster with skill, special fertilizer, or with a gardening tool.

10. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

Will burning the game to a disk be allowed? Thirty years from now I may wish to play in offline mode and will need a disk if the company closes.

11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I might be going out on a limb here but, Yes you can burn it to disk. Would be crazy for them to think they can stop me... I mean you from doing so.

12. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

It may be copy locked to stop as from burning disk.

13. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

As a backer, you get a DRM-free version of the game. This would probably satisfy your 30-year itch to replay this future classic.

Isaiah likes this.
  14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Na, it's going to be wide open. DRM free.

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

16. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

All those cosmetic items need to be removed from the addon store. They will only be used to make my neighbor's front yard look better than mine, and then they obviously win.

17. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

I saw that and I'm thinking it may only by that way for funders.

18. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

So do yourself a favor and back the game ;) then you don't have to worry if it's not available later!

19. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

Watching neighbors try compet to over to decorate their homes with goatee holiday on may be funny to watch as real life nabers do.

LoneStranger likes this.
  20. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

If it's not DRM for all then I don't want their game. Also, the DRM free game may be a incomplete beta game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.