Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Penmawr Island - Palm trees are scaleable/can walk straight up them.

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Apostle, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apostle

Apostle Avatar

4/26/2018 9:54 PM
    Title: Penmawr Island - Palm trees are scale-able/can walk straight up them.
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?No
    Details: in-game Palm trees can be run up or walked up the side sometimes resulting in instant death or high falling damage if you aren't careful.
    Steps to Reproduce: Pick a palm tree in Penmawr and run or walk at it, you can make your way almost to the top. There is a clump of three near my loc, but I found its really any of the palm models.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32727
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 7985
    SotA.Win.64.764.Date.04.26.18
    Area: Novia_R6_Island01_01
    Area Display Name: Penmawr Island
    Loc: (66.1, 37.7, 145.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSXNsYW5kMDFfMDF8fCg2Ni4xNDMsIDM3LjY5LCAxNDUuNTQ3KXwoMCwgLTAuOTk1LCAwLCAtMC4xKXwxNjUuMDY3MXwyOS4wOTI5MXw3LjkxNzA5OQ==

2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

After playing in the scene, I'd say this is by design.

3. Apostle

Apostle Avatar

I surmised that as well, but still felt it was bug over design. I can see the areas where you use the palm trees get up to the next outcropping. There a few palm trees it makes sense, then others just walking up a vertical tree looks dumb, I honestly would rather they have an interactive palm than, like all ladders and ropes. If that's the case, then make all the bases of every palm tree there climbable. All the super bent sideways palm trees arent climbable at the base, you have to find a way to jump on their level portion. If this is really by design, then I hope down the road there is plans to add climbing animations, and maybe even scrap all interactive ladders/vines/ropes etc, and force us to actually climb it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.