[Petition] Please add skill system like UO style and remove levels

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Genry McToran, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amarako2

Amarako2 Avatar

Hi thanks! Might say hello one day. Had some time off yesterday, do not get that often :)

Mata and majoria70 like this.
  2. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Perhaps you should pay closer attention? While you do not get crafting experience for killing things and vice-versa, you DO get a couple of crafting skill points for every adventurer level you gain, and vice-versa.

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. Amarako2

Amarako2 Avatar

Perhaps you are bugged, I gained quite a few of both checking each time I "dinged" and only got points in the one area.

4. TantX

TantX Avatar

Unless it's a game I'm really excited for, I don't spend over $40 on it; I wait 'til it's cheaper or on sale. I learned my lesson years ago about "AAA titles".

I freely admit I bought onto the hype train a month ago. When I first heard about it being a mobile app, I said it was DOA. I felt it had some potential as an actual PC game. I still think it does, but only if the current course is altered or otherwise redefined (or defined at all, as I'd argue). But, really, you're arguing entertainment between pre-alpha Releases? I know some people do play it daily, and god bless 'em for that, the game needs testing. But I have other games I play. I have other hobbies I enjoy. Tonight's show night with the wifey, so between episodes I'm writing here; otherwise I usually do it during the day when work gets slow and do something else when I get home. While the lack of content can be rightfully attributed to pre-alpha, the mechanics of SotA do nothing to suggest that this game will stray far from the tired ol' monster-bashing fallback with leveling to encourage completionists to keep logging hours.

In short, I'd rather spend $45 on a 5-hour game that brings brief excitement than an unfinished, episodic-based game with pre-alpha grade content that offers no unique game mechanics outside of a failure card-based combat system and some mediocre role-playing elements. I might beat that shallow EA title in a day, but in six months or a year, when I see it lying around, I'd rather throw it back in for another few hours of brisk entertainment then look at it with equal parts disdain and disappointment. I'm really hoping I'm wrong, though.

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Narathkor!

6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

What level are you at? I know that at the 30's and 40's you get a couple of skill points in the activity you aren't engaged in when you level the one you are.

Ice Queen likes this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Simple answer, NO way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.