Pets (defensive / combat?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mittens, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mittens

mittens Avatar

Please forgive me if this has been covered somewhere, I did look through the FAQ but do not recall seeing this mentioned. I know that pets will be in this game (non combat) but has there been discussion about player pets that will be able to act in a defensive / offensive role?

If so, would these critters also have skill increases and abilities? Would they be able to be revived after death? One thing in UO that made me sad is when creatures would kill my horse and I could not revive it.

thx!

mittens

2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

There will be craftable taming collars and some taming skill under forestry. Other than this we know very little.

NRaas likes this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If I remember correctly combats pets are meant to be in episode 1, but they won't do much. Eventually they are supposed to have more capabilities, but what they will be are to be determined.

NRaas likes this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

I think the pets, if they allow them to be engaged in combat (get attacked) will simply have an auto-attack and that's about it...at least for Episode 1.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

While that is probably the plan,it would be easy to use the Forestry/Taming skill to add combat skills to the deck (or even cooler,to change dead slugs in combat into pet attacks based on that skill). Hopefully this will be an area that can be expanded on before final release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.