Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pickpocket

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Gix, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

I am all for the thief class. What I am not for is a thief class that is told to go play in the corner, and hey we will give you a useless skill, but feel free to roleplay a thief. Screw that.

I get it you do not want to lose all your stuff, neither do I. I also don't want to lose the role I want to play, while everyone else gets theres

What I am for-
    Subterfuge can happen to anyone any where.

The price I am willing to pay for my unique skills~
    1. Long cool down timer when used on players(prevents griefing), or even can only be used on a player x times per day, forcing new targets.
    2. A log in the journal that says who and what was stolen from you. (works great with a bounty system)
    3. Limit the slots in a bag I can steal from. Low levels can steal only from inventory slot one, higher levels get steal from more slots upto a certain maximum. The slot is choosen at random.
    4. If caught by a guard getting put in actual jail where there is a timer, or some kind of meaningless task I have to finish first before getting out. Scenario: I get caught by a guard I am warped to the local jail. I must talk to a guard and do his quest to smash up 20 rocks before I am free. The more I am caught the more rocks I have to smash.
    5. Having items marked as stolen and limited areas(in pvp areas) to sell them, stolen items can not be put on auction
    6. Having a thief title, where npc vendors try to charge you more. There would be some willing to deal with a thief and would not raise prices
    7. Being caught by a player gives them two choices, calling the guards, or attacking without getting a PVP flag. Though the thief should be able to attack them back. Though the mark should not get flagged for PVP. Maybe a defender flag that allows this to happen? Once threat is dealt with the flag drops
    8. No stealing from player chests

What I am not willing to put up with as a thief~
    1. PVP only, why would I try to steal from you when it is easier to just kill you and get 2 itmes
    2. Skills that are only there as a place holder
    3. Making a mockery of the thief class just to say you have it in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.