Placing a house...

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by ng_dominic, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ng_dominic

ng_dominic Avatar

I have a village lot and currently i built a greenhouse and some other decorations on the lot. Now if i want to build a house

Obviously i need to remove the greenhouse before i place the house. However, do i need to clean up the little decorations around even those decorations is on the side of the lot and not in the middle?

2. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Hi ng_dominic

if you want to start a new plot but keep your existing lot you can store the existing lot into the property manager for safe keeping then restore it when you need to use it again. the property manager is in the window selector top right of the screen.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  3. athlaka

athlaka Avatar

Greetings @ng_dominic, I find it is always best to clear the lot and start fresh. You can carry them in your inventory and you will be encumbered but it will only make you move slower or if you have a remote bank device you can put everything in the back and plop down one of those on the lot after you place your house. As for the basement... if you like the way your basement look now use the Magic Mover to store your basement in its current state and once you have your house and deco placed put a hatch down and use the mover to put it back. Keep in mind that any items stored in the magic mover are not available to use unless you send the basement to the bank which means it is not saved anymore. I learned all this from trial and error, lots of error and running to the bank to get stuff. If I can help in anyway let me know. Enjoy home ownership and the decorating that goes with it.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And depending on which house and green house you place. Some homes take up too much lot space for a green house to be placed but yes definitely the house must be placed first then you can see how to fit the rest or if you can.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the basement is actually preserved when you just switch houses, you just need to put a hatch down again. the basement is lost, however, if you unclaim the lot without putting it in the magic mover.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.