Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Planting woes

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Balandar, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Is it possible to get the recipe selection menu for planting crops (cotton/apple trees/etc) as the other crafting stations have? @GingerLoaf commented on this previously (see below). The Hold-Ctrl + Click-Drag is going to result in some tedious game time (can't imagine having a plantation larger than a village lot!).

2. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

+1

Trying to get this part of the game going, but no love

3. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

With my limited game time (30 to 60 minutes here or there), I usually just log in, plant some cotton, and vendor it. But wow, it takes a long time to plant. :(

4. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Hopefully we get some love on this before FW.

5. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

I think we will, I can't see how this games economy is going to work if players don't have some diversity in ways to generate gold. There is only so much armor and weapons that can be made, bought, sold. Going out killing stuff everyday to make money gets boring, With the player towns finally being persistent, it should bring some business to carpenters, tailors etc. Start making reagents more useful and needed would be a big help as well. I am positive about it turning up soon. Would also like to see pets being stabled, fed, trained and sold as well as pet battles. But mainly farming, add a bunch of plants for deco and let us grow some veggies, soon to be followed by farm animals
    All good stuff...

I am getting ready to make an announcement this week regarding my farming community Ager Mori. So will gage the interest off of that. make adjustments as needed.

6. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I agree it is a tedious chore, another thing that would help if the entire planter was effectively 1 crafting station, so that you could effectively Plant or water an entire planter in one batch job.

E.g. you double click the planter, select Apple tree tree recipe, set batch size to 12. click craft. it starts a batch operation of planting 12 apple trees in in your Large Planter Box.

Then you there is a "water" option at the bottom where salvage usually is, you click it, and it batches all the currently planted plants to attempt to water them.

When the plants are grown, you click the harvest button (where repair is usually located) and set the batch size to 5, and batches the first 5 harvestable plants into a harvest operation.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:mad:~The Carpal Tunnel Battle~:mad:

I ruined my hands doing some crop testing this last release. :(
    I've been taking it easy since then to get ready for the end wipe.
    [​IMG]
    Next time, I need a tractor... or an ox or something :confused:
    ~Time Lord~o_O

8. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Batch jobs for the win! Seriously though, like @Time Lord I think I'm getting carpal tunnel. Archeage had tractors that could water all of your crops, but planting was tedious in that game too. A few less clicks, but tedious all the same.

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  9. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

I want to second Rofo's idea. It seems that if the planting beds have the same UI as the crafting stations, we should be able to plant any number of plants up to the size of the planter. The distribution of plants in the planter doesn't matter much. If players want a custom mix of plants, they could still plant one seed at a time.

Recipes would also be a big plus. At present, there are only a few items that are plantable. So it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to implement.

Finally, it doesn't make sense that it should cost more per unit to plant reagents than to buy them from the alchemist. I'd recommend either increasing the yield to about 15-20 per plant (when watered) or decrease the price of reagent seeds to about 1-2 gold each. This should give players more incentive to grow their own reagents.

I know agriculture is not a high priority, but these ideas seems like simple fixes that will greatly enhance the playing experience of gatherers & crafters.

- Lao Tzu

Time Lord and Balandar like this.
  10. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Like a water tower to catch rain mounted next to your farm so you can just gravity feed watering and not have to keep buying water buckets at store and carrying them back, or irrigation piping you can use near a river to feed your crops... maybe have a pump house you have to build... or wells we can put on property and draw water from them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.