Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

player name tag visibility

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by ship2, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ship2

ship2 Avatar

Something is wonky about seeing other player's name tags in both scenes and the overworld. sometimes they are visible, sometimes they are not.

What is really a problem is not being able to see group member name tags in scenes. Groups are getting split up and people are getting separated. This is causing problems even with experienced players. You have to be able to see name tags to keep groups together.

FrostII, Vox Aquila, Retro and 7 others like this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, this is really awkward - both in town trying to find folks or in adventure scenes trying to find folks...
    Please put nameplates back!

FrostII, Vox Aquila, Retro and 4 others like this.
  3. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

I have found I have to be very close to see a nametag, as it doesn't become visible until I'm nearly on top of them. Makes it very hard to find a party member that walked a short distance away.

FrostII, Vox Aquila, Retro and 3 others like this.
  4. ship2

ship2 Avatar

I was with someone in a roadside encounter and I had a hard time finding them!

Retro and Tamsen like this.
  5. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

Is this intended? Constantly searching for each others in a instance is terrible.

If it is necessary, I'm ok with if it is only in PvP zones (the only place I currently see reason for that), but even in cities?? :eek:o_O

Vox Aquila, Retro and Tamsen like this.
  6. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I believe this is a bug. It simply can not be something they desired. I find it very frustrating if I am traveling with my friend and we decide to go just a few hundred feet from each other... I have to spend a while trying to figure out where he went.

FrostII, Vox Aquila and Retro like this.
  7. ship2

ship2 Avatar

hope this is bug (with high priority) Me and a friend were exploring a new zone but died and got split up. died two more times trying to meet up. We finally gave up and left.

8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

This has caused loss of innocent lives! Please fix soon...

9. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

So I've been having even more issues with nametags...
    For a day I saw them from a distance and now it's back again.

I also tried to go into a dungeon and we got lost repeatedly because players would disappear around the corner in a fraction of a second.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

:)

It is a bug and not intended, from what I've heard from the devs.

Not sure its as grave an issue as you guys make it, though ! I was playing last night with a party in the Rise, and people got split up, but we found each other. It also helps to plan ahead. Players just aren't used to it ! But if you get used to it, I think you just learn to play differently.

So, personally I don't see it as game-breaking. If they do want to keep some way for party members to locate each other in the future, it would also probably make more sense to do it another way, too, I think, like put party member locations on the compass. JMO.

11. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It's a bug. Solo avatars aren't affected as much (naturally) and it isn't a game breaker (as someone else noted) but it definitely changes the experience in ways that were not intended.
    I promise, hide and seek is not a new in-game game :)

Lord Ravnos, FrostII and firesparx like this.
  12. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

For now it is :)

Lexie likes this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Getting separated from each other in a dungeon now reminds me of getting separated in a haunted house, like in a Scooby Doo episode... Not entirely unfun. :D

14. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

As a healer I get the added thrill of a party member walking behind a tree and disappearing, as I scramble to find tthem before they die.

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Heh. Its not as bad as you make it sound... just think about how you would handle this IRL where we don't have nameplates. There are ways to coordinate with your party so it isn't a problem.

TheWanderingPoet likes this.
  16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

This bug is now causing other issues that I recently noticed... I have seen two more things related to no nametags that hurt game play. No... not game breakers, per se, but not fun, and causing some scary moments:

1. Name plates not showing on NPC mobs in areas where there can be great diversity in the LEVELS of said mobs, like the town sieges. Last night I had a couple of close calls because it was a LOT harder to tell exactly which mob was the "something marksmen" (yellow to me right now, and pack a punch with the arrows), and the basic archers (super green and easy to kill). These guys look identical with no names attached. This caused me to sometimes focus my attacks on the ones that were not hammering me with -100hp critical blows. I almost died at least 3 times because I pulled a few too many foes, and could not easily tell which were the real threats that had to be taken out immediately. (I had to target a bunch, and then try to remember which ones were the yellows as I fought through)

2. Name plates not appearing on dead mobs. I probably missed a few lootings at night just because of a combination of two bugs... The nametags of the fallen not showing at all, and the fact that my cloak is not putting out any light right now (which is ALWAYS my only source of light when I solo).

This may not be a huge monstrous issue, but it is absolutely causing some fairly serious issues for me.

Lexie and TheWanderingPoet like this.
  17. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Yesterday I was in a party with a friend.
    Due to my failing to be quick enough healing him, he died.
    Of course he went to the Ankh (which I can't see).
    When he was alive again, I had no idea where he was.
    Mobs started attacking him and again killed him.

I messaged him and he me to see where we were but we could not find each other and had no way to see where he was.

We finally gave up and exited to the overworld and quit.

Seems like this should be fixed ASAP since it is so hard to stay with a group if one person gets separated.

Any time frame on the fix?

TheWanderingPoet and Nikko like this.
  18. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

Well in real life I can hear what direction something is coming from. So it's actually easier to find someone.
    This is exactly what I was afraid of. As earlier yesterday I entered a map to play with someone. I rounded the entire area and couldn't even find them to play with them, watching as their hp dropped really far down.

Nikko likes this.
  19. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

What these healers are saying here in the forums is likely a tiny microcosm of the number of people that this has happened to. A very small percentage of the people are even regular forum readers. I am afraid it has probably killed quite a few people in some way recently.

20. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

That is a very true point. But with how many solo players there are I'm sure a lot haven't even noticed yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.