PLAYER OWNED TOWNS AND HOUSES

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Brink1123, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

Hello I was wondering about how player owned towns will be ran. From my understanding the owner of the town can ban anyone at anytime for any reason, and that is fine with me. what I would like to know is if you have purchased a house in one of these player owned towns and then later had a dispute with the owner of the town. What then happens to your lot and house if you get banned from entering the town? do you lose it, should you lose it?

Katrina Bekers and Gaelis like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Your lots and houses are deeds you OWN, they will go back to your bank. Read the instructions, stated it clearly, but if you donated to the town for its creation you are on your own.

Themo Lock and Net like this.
  3. Net

Net Avatar

Well you should get items you had on your lot back into your bank and you should get house deed and lot deed back. You can then claim another lot elsewhwere and place the house there and redecorate it with the items from the old house.

4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I would expect that the town owner would probably evict you at the same time.

However if they don't, the existing game interface allows you to unclaim the lot without actually having to visit it physically, so you won't be permanently locked out of your possessions.

All the items will simply either be moved to your new lot location or re-added to the nearest bank (most likely not in the town you are banned from).

5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

At this point any deeds and items revert to the bank and it is currently the same town's bank. That creates a problem when town banned. But it's so obvious I'm sure it will be covered. Perhaps the closest NPC town bank?

In the future there is hope for what is called the magic movers. My understanding of that is if say you found another spot you liked better, you could then claim that lot, unclaim the other and the movers would move your stuff. But that's a bit away

Katrina Bekers and Gaelis like this.
  6. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

The Lot will go to your inventory, and your house also.. Your Items, should go to the bank, but i dont know that you can be banned from the town, yet.

7. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I want to point out a possible exploit if Port decides to have the items go into a floating bank similar to how rewards in game are handled prior to claiming them.

While having the items revert to the floating storage after an eviction would be easier since it's already coded, It will become the free way to transport a large amount of items across the map.

I'm sure this has been considered but it's a new thought to me so I wanted to mention it.

8. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Yep, you are correct, it has been considered. I recall that the solution was to keep the two separate (can't recall where they talked about it). If the house reverts to the nearest NPC bank then it doesn't necessarily go that far. I agree that it might take a bit of testing to get right but they are keen to get it right.

9. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    If "bans" for lack of a better word are imposed, I would suggest "alternate instance" in which what will I think would be happening. You would still be able to bank, vendor and everything, just in your own instance. No need for all the extras. You probably would even keep your house there, but you might want to pull it and move (unless the town owner evicts you)

Jatvardur and Katrina Bekers like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The more often i read it, the less i like it. But it seems like the best and easiest solution.

11. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

That makes sense. Bans should only apply to MPO not to SPO / offline versions. If they are playing MPO then perhaps they get their own instance?

If POT owners can ban then there should also be accountability: e.g public logs of banned players, past and present, could be kept and easy to view for each town. Having a public log which is kept for all time will push the POT leader towards honesty and not just banning for the Lulz / PVP convenience etc. Each time a player is banned then there must also be a reason added to the log (there would be a UI to handle this). If the function is abused by a POT owner then it can be removed from their powers and also a temporary ban added to their account.

This would go some way in preventing abuse of such powers would not be tolerated, since all records are public with a reason attached to each ban. If Port felt that a POT owner was abusing it then they could ban that account (i.e. banning isn't risk free).

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

exactly. I would propose a ban initially only lasting a short period. For Example 1 hour. It could increase in duration if one gets repeatedly banned. Every ban would have a log post with a reason, the name of the offender, and the name of the person doing the banning. I would also suggest that every ban be sent as a message to the devs. If one person either gets banned a lot, or if one person is banning a lot then a flag would pop up for the devs to look at whats going on.

Jatvardur likes this.
  13. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

*nod nod* I'd guess they'd have an SQL script to query the database and perhaps alerts whenever some threshold condition is met.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  14. Unforgiven2

Unforgiven2 Avatar

The floating bank idea seems the easest
    While it may be a "free way to transport a large amount of items across the map", the source of is limited to a player owned town, where the owner is actively abusing it by "evicting" an alt, with the cargo to move.

Even if they do implement "Pony Express" type mission, if the item in question is a generic "package" they could simply not allow the "package" to leave the person's inventory, except by "Destroy selected item."

If the package is "destroyed" then the quest could just fail, and the items represented by the generic "package" would just recycle back into the pony express quest queue.

Also, if there were pony express type missions, they would require some sort of timer anyhow, to prevent locking up the quest queue.

15. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

All the eviction process does is simulate the decay timer running out. So without any extra coding, the decay timer will dump items into the nearest NPC bank anyway. There won't be banks at every town crier in the future, so it's got to be coded anyway.

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Are "Scene Bans" to be implemented, or just speculated about... again?

17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

everything is speculation until its not speculation :p

18. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

For R19, a town owner can ban up to 10 players. So if the owner wants to ban another player after 10, she'll have to remove a player from the ban list to make room.
    In multiplayer mode, banned players are denied access to that scene. In single player and offline modes, the ban does not apply. So a banned player still has access to his lot and the merchants, etc available in that town.

19. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Awesome news! Thanks!

20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

What is the point of banning if they can get in at all - really totally weak solution. If I want them banned from my town - I WANT THEM BANNED. It is MY town, MY property, etc. BTW if you are banned then you are evicted there is no house there for you?

Again this "solution' is really NOT a solution.

In Single Player Mode or Offline POTs should actually be off limits PERIOD! There I no content in them that players should want if not in multi player

Atogrim likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.