1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Player owned towns: Areal Steward

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by CatweazleX, Jul 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Town owners and may town stewards should be able to define areas where a player becomes a steward as long the player is in this area.

The area is defined by border stones with a main border stone to start with. The main border stone is the beginning and the end of a polygon. So, at least one main border stone and two border stones are needed to define an area.
    On the main border stone the town owner / steward is able to define the name of the area and the limits like square meters, lights, npc count / buildings and so on. And the player(s) that gain steward access for this area.
    The limits are either shared or exclusive to the area. They count towards the town limits. When exclusively set, directly. When shared is set then when items are used.
    The areas (the polygons) should be visible to town owners/stewards. They can also fly to see the borders from above.

An areal steward can not evict someone from town/area and can not define areas and areal stewards on its own.
    For each area it should be definable by the area steward if pvp is enabled and if ransom is enabled. This also allow partly pvp for towns. (eg. no pvp for the market area(s))

Some towns divide the instance into areas for small villages. Kahli is one example, it was arranged into small villages from the beginning. There are also other towns i know of.
    An areal steward allows to maintain such a village on its own, so the town owner/steward have less work with such an area. Also many town items are now available from the crown store...

There should by also a town vault, a container for items that are owned by the town. Items that are added to the vault are marked as town items. Town items are removed from inventory and send back to the vault when the player that hold such items leaves the scene. Even on logout. Town items can only hold in inventory.
    The UI for the vault may contain a field to un-mark a town item, or a special item for this purpose. Access rights to the vault may set like on vendors and doors.

Elgarion likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Are you speaking as a town owner? Instead of should be able to consider abilities town owners are able to set. One thing player owned towns are templates which makes it so its touchy to do actual things to a template. So boundaries being set and marked wold be a tech or item perhaps. Just thoughts and questions and I understand the spirit of the wishes too.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Of course this needs programming work and new items to create. (Tech). Also town owners are already able to name steward(s) that helps them. Such areas can only be set by town owners (or town stewards). When a town owner do not want areal stewards then they do not set up such areas (boundaries). If they do not want stewards (town stewards) they do not add a steward. So everything is at the discretion of the town owner.

This areas are setup in game by placing the items, not by a request to a developer, and also removed in game. They are dynamic in the view of the game. Especially the areas are not thought to make it into the templates.

There towns already with more then one steward and every steward is responsible for its part of the town. But there is no tech support for such a arrangement.

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think you need to hold a meeting with your gov or stewards, or issue your instructions through communicating with those trusted stewards or gov.

I say this because much of what you are saying here is able to be accomplished through communicating and cordinating with the stewards and gov.

There seems some "trust" issues within what you say here between yourself and other stewards or the gov.

Settling control issues through tech development seems to me waistful when it comes to our game development funding when trust, communication and POT deco assets are at issue with an individual POT's politics. If you don't fully trust your stewards then why are they stewards?

What seems to be what you are sugesting here are "gated communities within your gated community" due to a break down of trust or communication between stewards, main steward or gov.

I am a steward in many POTs and I am also a gov of many POTs and also a contributer to many other POTs to which I am neither steward or gov of. Of those POTs I fully understand that I am not a "chief steward", being very mutable in my changes within any of those POTs. If another steward doesn't like or has other ideas than my own, then I say "let your inspiration lead our way!" :)

In one of the POTs I am a steward in, I try and prop-up one end of town with a bit of stewardship, yet that's in serogate to the main end of town which I think is our town's best hallmark in gov perfection.

When I read here about tech designating PvP areas of towns, I can only say that if that is a desire of that stewarding player,

• then that player needs to gather with other PvP players to become a PvP POT
    • or create a POT themselves which is PvP,
    • or convence the POT Gov that your POT needs to be PvP
    • or form a guild on that side of town you wish to be PvP so citizens enjoining can attack eachother.
    That's just some of my rhetoric to the subject.

Trust and Control issues seem the subject here hoping that tech can provide an answer to inner POT political lack of cooperation or coordination.

Maybe some further thinking on this subject can come up with something more refined because the need seems to have inspired it to become posted.

*sometimes an oppositional viewpoint is best to bring about a deeper or better innovation to come.
    :)~TL~

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am curious why you want this? It is very similar to a "lot" only the user can do some POT actions, like place/move lots and some minor items, with less overall action because POT's have very limited capabilities and the resources are super low. Just want to get idea for what is was you wanted to do..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.