Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Player Town Hall for the Player Towns - images and ideas

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Winfield, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

For each release,we are working on our basic Town Hall design to support the PaxLair Town. Perhaps other towns will have ideas too for what is needed for creating and operating their Town's Town Halls too.

So these are our initial concepts. I have marked some areas that could be improved before E1 if possible so we can manage our town better without breaking immersion and going to external web services.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Oh, some clarifications and additions:

The "Don't Want Banners covering windows" was not a "desire" for changing the ability to do that... I was pointing out my town house would rather not do that; I'd rather put banners up higher which cannot be done. Putting banners and other objects in "practical" places makes sense to me. Even if the banner sinks into the ground, that is OK, because it can be "rolled up" in real-life.

Some lighting inside the great room cannot be placed on all the wooden supports, and I had to place them on the walls next to the supports. Maybe it'd just a placement thing (and I tried without any other candles around too).

For the chests outside, it would be great if when engraved, a little placard shows up on the top of the lid. If there is no placard, then it is not engraved. It is a visual cue that something is special / written about this chest. If there is no placard, then people will just need to open it to see what is inside. Engraving chests will be great for giving people presents and gifts too, like "Happy Birthday Joan", etc. I know lots of chest engraving was done in Old Britannia for events, tournaments, awards, museums, and even my old fishing bait box.

I don't know if it is easy or practical to allow all inside decoration items to be placed outside on the outer walls. Perhaps when shelves can be placed outside, then smaller items can be too. Putting the founder or benefactor plaques outside would be grand, so it would show people passing by that this is an 'old' house or something like that. Pictures/paintings/art would be nice on outer walls too. How realistic is that? I guess it depends on neighborhood and what is designed outside too. How does it affect item count inside, outside, etc.? I don't know.

I forgot an IMPORTANT item ... a HOUSE SIGN that I can put in the yard, or hang off the outside of my building. Would like ability to light it with a candle or torch by placing one, or it be already installed like interior lighting fixtures. I could then engrave the sign with the name of the building. I could also have an option to have the words in Britannian Runic or English characters. If it is possible to also have the outdoor sign of a style/shape/design that signifies the type of building - pub, etc.

To perhaps implement the House sign, I guess there could be two options:
    • Make a house sign part of the house or lot, like the house stone is part of the lot. But, that is not very flexible or useful for the player.
    • Make a house sign as a simple craft-able item that can be engraved. The sign can be placed on a craftable pole anywhere on the outside of the property, and also be able to be placed on the wall without a pole. Therefore, it's just another carpentry item with some metal wire/chain. More ornate ones would have gems and such and have harder recipes. It could even be placed inside for whatever the house owners wants to do with it. Oh, and it could be placed in basements too! For my Crafting Shop in my basement! And, when a pub is demolished one day, someone could preserve the house sign in their museum and write a book about its history.
    I definitely like the second method above, as it allows for max flexibility, and maybe there's already code close to this for other objects.

Well, as we build more Town Halls in more Releases, I'm sure I/we will have more ideas. The Town Halls can become the central town management place and information center. I have high hopes the supporting mechanics will come in time. We will be around a LONG time to see lots of improvements in New Britannia.

Thanks!

Mata and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. stile

stile Avatar

+1 to all of that

Winfield and Mata like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.