Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Player written books - A request

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Alexander, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

@Attenwood
    After spending some time setting up my library and collecting books, I've noticed that there are certain books, all written by players that are either sold by NPC venders or found on bookcases throughout Novia that cannot be placed on any surface. All of the books in question have a weight of 0.1 and cannot be placed at all. All books with a weight of 1, can be placed on any surface.
    Could you please pass to the Devs for review concerning getting the listed player written books flagged so that they can be place on surfaces such as tables or bookcases please?
    The following are the player written books carried on NPC venders and found on bookcases that can't be placed:

All of the Tour Guides (list below)
    Ardoris - A tour guide
    Ardoris sewers - A tour guide
    Brightbone pass - A tour guide
    Greyacre - A tour guide
    Necropolis - A tour guide
    North Celestial Swamp - A tour guide
    Savrenoc Stronghold - A tour guide
    Savrenoc Timberland - A tour guide
    Solace Forest - A tour guide
    Solonia - A tour guide
    Spectral Mines - A tour guide
    Tower of the Shuttered eye - A tour guide
    Vengence - A tour guide
    Verdantis Shardfall - A tour guide

If there are any that I missed on that list, please feel free to add them.

Also player written books that I can't place on a surface:

The age of storms volume 1 through Chapter 4

The Sorcerers Daughter Chapter 1 through Chapter 10

I believe that is all of them. Please add to list if I missed any player written books that can't be placed on a surface.

Kambrius, Time Lord, Leelu and 9 others like this.
  2. Selene

Selene Avatar

Also the books that come from wishing wells cannot be placed on a lot. I do not think they are player books, but are books in game nonetheless.

Includes:

The Bear and The Bees

The Broken Horse

3. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Thanks for pointing that out. I've noticed that as well.

Time Lord, Leelu and Acred like this.
  4. gweniver

gweniver Avatar

I picked up a few other books found in NPC buildings to test to see if I can place them on my bookcase. I was not able to. Ruin was one of them. I also have a recipe book in my inventory that I believe I received as a part of a quest which I'm unable to place in my house also.

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  5. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

@Attenwood @DarkStarr @Lord British As someone who is trying to create a very large library in a Twin Spire Manor, it would be great if the books across the realm that can be picked up could be able to be placed on shelves or tables. Maybe there is a reason that some books can't be placed.even tho I can't figure out why, unless it is a lot limit issue.

Time Lord, Leelu, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  6. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

If you look at the books more carefully, you will discover that the books that are place-able on a surface have a weight value of 1. Any book that cannot be placed have a weight value of either 0 or 0.1 . I can't see any reason why some books that were player written stories can be placed , but others can't. (quest items may be a different case here).

moko, Time Lord, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  7. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Yes, thank you. I discovered the weight difference and being capable of being placed a few days ago. It seems odd that books that are on a bookshelf,table or on other items in SotA can be discovered and looted,yet we cannot place those same books on our property. It is this that made me ask the question as to why that is?

Time Lord, Leelu and Alexander like this.
  8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The virtue quest books (from what I've seen, not testing 100%) can't be placed, but "copies" of them can.
    The books from the statues in shuttered eye (Hymns/Paens etc.) also aren't "deco".

Time Lord, Leelu and Alexander like this.
  9. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I agree and this is why I wanted Portalarium to at least look into this at some point.

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  10. Blightlord Knightmare

Blightlord Knightmare Avatar

Oh my gaaaaawd, I thought I was going crazy. Thank you for pointing that out.

Frankly I love building up my library, in real life I own well over a thousand books and I feel like I would do the same in this world as well.

I also love that the option to write our own titles within the game is available. There used to be notes you could write in MUDs, and leave around, but they'd get lost after a reboot unless someone picked them up or stored them in their house. Also, they were limited in size and for "flipping pages" back.

Alexander, Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  11. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

You can tell at a glance which books you can place on a surface, and which ones you can't just by looking at the weight value of it.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.