Players need excessive experience? Or is the game lacking stepped Staged growth goals?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NEILMHK, May 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I know it used to work that way years ago, but that's not the case now. There's red mobs in Tartarus, but the biggest difference I see fighting them over their yellow equivalents is it takes longer to kill them, due to having twice the xp.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  2. carl321

carl321 Avatar

This is a growth process. WOW's initial growth is from LV1 to LV60 (assuming the first stage), followed by LV70, LV80, LV90, LV100, which is a stage of game growth. When the upper limit of the level is LV100, there is no possibility that the practice time of the first stage is the same as that of the year, and the time required for it will be greatly reduced, otherwise no new players will participate. This is a necessary process, it is not a reward, nor a punishment, nor is it a matter of straight lines and curves.

Under this premise, it is worth reminding that the designer of WOW has made the old copy monsters more difficult in order not to be wasted. At the same time, higher quality rewards have been improved. But SOTA does not. After the designer sees that the player is more powerful, he only adjusts the skills and enhances the monster unilaterally, and then there is no reward. How can it be attractive?

Now entering a relatively vicious circle, after the player upgrade becomes stronger, an update will weaken the player, which is a waste of the game. As a small team, the easiest way to set up the game is to start with 200 adjustments, first build a long-term stable combat system, and then design a method for players to reach 200. The designer cannot tell the player that there is paradise, but also says that you will never be able to arrive, or even that you should not be there.

3. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Dodge/Glancing blow, and not doing anything to the creature vs, the ring of fire, and the mob burning.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah, I see now. Yeah, I do get a lot more dodges/glancing blows on red mobs. Maybe it's a little better for me because I have a high dex build, so I'm still critting often enough to make up for it. Except dragons- they're not red to me anymore (maybe the ancients/clockwork are, haven't checked in a long time) but even my crits are really low on them after the DR change from a while back. I don't fight them much anymore, because it takes forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.