1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please add Bull Shark as a smaller and easier to catch shark for cooking :D

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sorgin Txakal, Sep 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

So, as a chef and fisherman, I have a really hard time with the sharks in the game. I've heard tale of people who have been playing for years and never caught one, and in the past six months that I have been fishing my way up the leaderboard I have only caught 2.

I don't really want to detract from the accomplishments of fellow fishers by making Tiger Sharks easier to catch, but under the current system, I can't ever see myself butchering the next one I catch. As one of the game's Iron Chefs, this drives me nuts as I am compelled to butcher and make food of every animal in the game. Therefore, I propose that instead of making Tiger Sharks easier to catch, perhaps adding a smaller & pan-water shark, a Bull Shark, that exists in fresh, salt and fetid water. This would also solve the current problem of having no hanging-trophy fish from fresh or fetid water (though I really hope more get added down the line).

• Because of its ability to regulate salinity levels within its body, it is known to go much farther up river mouths than other sharks. It is said by some that for a shark to spend a day in freshwater is like a human spending a day in space without a suit, however, these problems are bypassed by the Bull Shark. It is known to travel as far into the Amazon as the city of Manaus, and as far up the Mississippi as Illinois, and hundreds of mils up the Breede River in South Africa.
    • Bull Sharks could cap out at 3.5 "ambiguous units" or roughly 400 barley corns if we are using the cubit measure ;) - as opposed to the 5 "ambiguous units" Tiger Sharks would be capping out around (600 barley corns)

This way fellow master chef-fishers can butcher a one of their tiger sharks before mounting others, and make a practice of butchering all the bull sharks they catch after mounting the first. Not saying this should be as common as like ammonites. but maybe as common as like a Marlin or Bluefin Tuna?

Thanks for considering!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.