Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please give option to not enter chat mode when talking to NPC vendors

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Viper_Venom, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhop

uhop Avatar

Could you add an icon button to the store window to talk to its proprietor? It has plenty of space for a small square button in the title area.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Regarding the way it worked on R41 release...

I wish it wouldn't have closed all my inventory and character windows, since I intentionally put them up to deal with the merchant/bankers, but other than that, I have no problem with the conversation window also going up. I think its actually pretty necessary for new players, since merchants often do have conversation options and you need to let players know about this. I don't think its a meaningful thing to provide an option to disable.

And I also find it sort of useful just for transactions, since often after a haul, I have to go to the Sell window twice, since you can only sell a limited number of things at once. Going into conversation mode twice for this purpose is a pain. But it would be better if there was a "sell" keyword to type and click on, and the merchant mentioned selling in his intro text. But even the "buy" keyword is no longer in the beginning of the keyword list by the time the merchant window closes. "Buy" and "sell" need to always remain at the top of the queue somewhere for merchants. Though, for these cases, it might also make sense if the window would come up again after a transaction.

Though simply closing conversation mode when the merchant window closes might work, too. But what would also need to happen is that the merchant window and conversation window don't overlap each other, so the conversation window isn't obscured and you can see that a conversation with the merchant is possible even when you have the buy/sell options up. It would be essential I think from a new player's perspective.

I understand the complaint about the player chat closing down... though I think a more general solution might be better, because you might want to continue player chat even when talking to a quest NPC, and I don't see a reason for a more specific solution to merchants/bankers. My ideal would even be if you could potentially be in "group" conversations, so you could talk to more than one NPC at once, and even have all of your present party members talk to one NPC at once -- with all of you asking him questions.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  3. uhop

uhop Avatar

Instead of an icon you can put a picture (face only) of its proprietor --- this way it'll be self-evident that clicking it will bring you to a proprietor's chat box.

4. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Thanks, Lum.
    Was going to post about this and found the thread - it's definitely not working well as it is now.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

6. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Is this where you interact and are suddenly attached to the NPC, moving with him and looking in first person view?
    LOL when that happened to me in Soltown I thought ... wait, what? It's a little creepy ....

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Rejoice one and all!

Patch 598 says:
    • NPC merchants including bankers and trainers no longer open conversation mode by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.