Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please let me Click

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Kittik, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

While out of combat mode I don't know of any way to select a mob.

The only way I can see if a mob is Green - Red is to enter combat mode and then Tab to Next Target.

Can I please be allowed to click on a mob to target it and see what it is without having to enter combat mode?

While I'm running around harvesting stuff and I"m doing the deed, I like to mouse look around and whilst doing so I'd like to be able to click on a mob that is wandering nearby to see if I should prepare to run or fight.

SabeSr, Koldar, zyxe and 4 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

IIRC you can shift-click to target something. At least that is what we do to target other players.

Time Lord and Oba Evesor like this.
  3. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

This is essentially a design bug, and needs to be fixed. 'Clicking' to select something is familiar and common. There's no good reason why this simple and well understood paradigm should be broken.

Kaisa, Bluefire, zyxe and 1 other person like this.
  4. Derium

Derium Avatar

I cannot tell you how many arrows I've shot into the ground while attempting to loot something.

4EverLost likes this.
  5. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

I believe the "interact" key is your friend here. Don't click/double-click to loot. Just mouse over the corpse, and mash the interact key until it's looted. This is especially useful if you always "take all", as the interact key will automatically do that.

All that is bad advice, if the interact key also manages to fire your bow, of course. :)

Black Tortoise and Beaumaris like this.
  6. Derium

Derium Avatar

I doesn't fire it :) I'm just so use to double clicking to loot in any game, old habits die hard.. .And at the expense of arrows ;)

4EverLost and Gravidy like this.
  7. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

So, uhm, why isn't left-click the same as the E (interact) key? I mean, really - why add the layer of complexity?

8. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Yup shift left click, also in options - Game theres a setting to allow selecting self with mouse (also via shift left click).

9. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

All I know is this game was very easy to understand and play 4 months ago before all the new targeting and extra actions were added. I doubt most players understand why tab does what it does in this game. It should target, but it doesn't unless you remap it to be the targeting cycle key and then it still doesn't work unless you are in combat mode and the target is in front of you and close enough.

What in the world? Way too complex, way too difficult to deal with.

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I think the control scheme is great after playing it for several releases now. I still want to click but clicking is feeling more awkward when I want to do it. The interface grew on me. Shift clicking is always available if you really need to target something.

Maeryck and 4EverLost like this.
  11. Cind

Cind Avatar

Please let us double click. I hate using the E key.

Kittik likes this.
  12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

please just let us map our own keybinds. Please thanks! :)

13. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

E was the first key I remapped. I always use Q and E while running to turn. Oddly, "interact" doesn't start conversations for me. Maybe that's a side effect of remapping it? And I too, would like a way to investigate and enemy's level wit Houten having to enter combat mode. If shift-click works, I'll just have to get used to it.

14. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Hahahaha Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar

Love the game just amazed at some of the most simple basic tried tested and proven for decades features of gaming itself seem to be missing... this is among a variety of things that just need some player wide pushing to get put in place, it may take some kicking and screaming programmers who have this idea that they should be changing the gaming world... wish they would put sticky notes on all their computers that say "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

If they fix this I hope they bring back the ability to heal someone you happen by and is about to get walloped by some nasty creature and you want to throw a heal their way... *click* target on screen *cast* heal... hmmm... fantastic concept

Ravicus likes this.
  15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I agree with almost everything. But some of us "do not want" your heals. This is the thing about being a consensual game. You should not be able to cast heal/harm on someone without asking them approval (unless they are flagged for pvp, in which you flag yourself by doing so). :) Believe me, as a pvp'r I wish I could cast on anyone I see, but that stupid flag gets in the way. Now if you wanted to remove the Consent part, I would have no problem with that, but I suspect many people here would object lol.

16. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

This goes back to your tried and tested. If it aint broke don't change it. In what world, fantasy or not can you not toss a heal to someone in needs. This needs to be implamented. I hate not being able to randomly heal people.

17. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

Flag for: Consent to receive Heals. That could be a thing.

Ravicus likes this.
  18. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

then I should be able to attack you at any time also.
    edit: I typed to fast to see your response above :)

19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Yes it could be an option in the settings to check the box: I consent to healing from others. I wonder if a pvp person healing you would make you pvp.....hrm.

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.