Please let others /slew

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It would be fantastic if non-owners could slew. Perhaps this is a permission given by governors, for everyone or specific people. Perhaps players can flag themselves as invisible so they can't be seen by gankers if they are in PvP.

But it will be really great for everyone if they can. It reveals a ton of beauty in the game, it's a fantastic experience.

It will make streamers ability to capture events so much better. I would love it if I could stream, but my up speed is just too crappy. Unfortunately that means no camera person is going to be able to catch tonight's gustball games from an eye in the sky angle.

It's the best camera movement, pretty smooth.

And of course it will be great for machinima.

(if taking PvP invisible precaution, it can't be blanket. Those big PvP events NEED to be able to be filmed from the sky. It's got to be an optional thing that makes you only invisible to people who are using the /slew command)

2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Chris said he'd look into making it available to stewards too.

Jaesun, Vladamir Begemot and Ravalox like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It'd be nice to get a mini version that only worked on your lot, like deco mode does.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't see any reason to not let the governors choose to let everyone do it if the governor so chooses.

Do I want to make a team of people stewards so they can film an event or put together a movie? No, not really. Would I like them to have this single tool to be able to shoot great footage?

Of course!

I mean, just imagine it for streaming alone. Streamer comes into a new city (where it's allowed), does a few minute fly through. It's very exciting and dynamic. It shows off the beauty and complexity of the game in a way you can't see from the ground.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.