Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please replace "Next Level" with "Next Level of Gain" on skills

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Bluefire, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I'd like to know when I'm going to get my next bump without having to go to a wiki or something outside of the game.

Currently we have this:
    [​IMG]

I'd enjoy this:
    Note that it "highlights" the changes and shows the next level where something changes, not the current level +1.
    [​IMG]
    [Please note I am not suggesting that at level 25 fire arrow actually changes or should change to what it shows - this is just an example.]

Thanks!

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

things aren't actually set to not increase for multiple levels. they're going up, it's just rounding. that combined with attunement means that the next level there's a VISIBLE difference is gonna be different for everyone. what you could ask for is to show the decimal places, so the progress is always visible.

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I found this as well, I've watched the damage numbers for the Next Level on some skills, and they change (increased beneficially) even in the middle of a level, well before the level number increased.

4. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

That is good information.

I'd prefer that instead of decimals they just multiply the numbers by 10 or 100 (whatever is necessary to see the increase) . This would be a change made across the board. So, yeah we'll all have 2000 or 20,000 health...but why deal in decimals? :)

@Fister Magee I hear what you are saying, but I would imagine when experiencing a change to damage in the middle of a level it probably has more to do with something like intelligence or another innate having changed that affects the skill you are using. I could be completely wrong, but figured I'd offer that up to see if anyone else has some math on it. I haven't done any math in several releases because of multiple factors - the main one remaining that the game is a beast to play in Ubuntu now. :(

Alley Oop and Fister Magee like this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Entirely possible! I cannot remember if this was when I was leveling everything (how I play now) or just a skill at time (like I used to)... but there would be a lot of innates that could affect one such value very discreetly..

Bluefire and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.