POLL: Add more shortcut bars.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Mingo Ebonmark, Oct 6, 2018.

?

More shortcut bars?

1. I want an emote only shortcut bar added.

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. I want a crafting glyph/item only shortcut bar added.

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. I want emotes AND crafting shortcut bars!

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. I want more general use utility bars.

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  5. Leave it as it is - Combat and Utility bar is enough.

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

I just want to see what everyone's opinion is as I feel so strongly about having more shortcut bars for my everyday life in New Britannia!

We have so many emotes with so many cool animations, a lot of content in the game to learn new emotes and new dances..... and yet I have missed so many roleplaying opportunities because I couldn't get to my emotes in time! Give me a shortcut bar just for emotes if you don't wanna give more utility bars.

Agriculture farming and the upcoming fishing update.... I have so many seeds and watering and harvesting to do, I dread to think about the swapping in and out I will be forced to do when new fishing baits come out!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I want emotes to be able to be dragged out to a bar or selected to show up on a bar of it's own. Our utility bar is too much of a catch all for everything. It needs a re-do.

I also want to be able to at least have other utility bars. I understand why we can't have an extra combat bar but really our utility bar could have so much. Like when you are planting perhaps your planting options would come up in their own little bar showing 'water plants' and 'harvest plants' and later when agriculture gets a chance to have updates like fertilizer we could get one that said 'apply fertilizer' and even a plug nose animation. ;).

Imagine an emote bar and not having to look for your favorites at least. I know we can /wave or /bow etc but it would be nice for future UI plans to consider all of this and chat window improvements, and journal updates too would all be very wonderful too ;)

I wanted to say 2 choices. Shortcut and more utility bars so FYI

Chatele likes this.
  3. Net

Net Avatar

I want utility bar to be dependent on the deck I have. So if I change deck I can change utility bar.
    Have one for fireworks, one for emotes, one for songs, one for fishing lures, depending on what I am doing.
    Also would be handy to have stances, buffs and shields working from utility bar. Keep the action rotating bar for glyphs that you need to use quickly and often.

4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

That's a pretty good idea.

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Nets Idea is great. For me, I don't want to have more bars where combat glyphs would be available, because the current state of combat/Glyphs and deck building is in my opinion a real art . Now let me have a utility bar that adjusts to the current combat bad, and that means I can have a social deck, that is wonderful.

6. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

A new roleplay system that makes using the current emotes easier and faster to use for sure.

But how?

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I'd like an emote bar and more utility bars, but that's not an option.
    So, I didn't vote.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Emotes should probably have an icon grid window as well, so you can quickly search visually.

9. Curt

Curt Avatar

Would be nice if it was easier to equip items that some emotes uses

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Automatically equipping them when activating the emote shouldn't be too difficult to implement. Automatically re-equipping when the emote activit6 is terminated would also be grand if a bit harder.

11. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

With the number of available emotes I’m not sure if an additional emote bar would be a working solution. Of course it would currently help to faster use your favorite emotes but I guess a additonal more complex change would be better in the long run as we have quite a lot emotes and as time goes by we will get more and more of them.
    Maybe as a first step the emotes should be categorized. By opening the emote window you see category headlines and by clicking on them they expand in a tree view. Searching e.g. a dance emote or a greeting might be a lot easier this way.
    In a later step we maybe could get a new predefined bar getting visible by using a hotkey. This bar contains one icon for each category and by clicking on one category-icon a grid of icons appears that represents the connected emotes.
    E.g. like this:
    [​IMG]

Paladin Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.