POLL: Does Shroud Need Factions? Does Shroud need UO guild Style Warfare?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Ravicus Domdred, Sep 12, 2016.

?

Do you want factions in Shroud? Do you want UO style guild warfare in Shroud?

1. Yes I want factions in shroud.

2. No I do not want factions in shroud.

3. Do you want UO style guild warfare?

4. I do not want UO style guild warfare.

5. I do not pvp at all

6. I might consider factions or guild warfare if it was more tolerant toward new players.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

The factions in UO wasn't just team vs team vs team vs team. There were fortresses involved, towns, capture the flag, defending, ranks, points, faction currency.. Quite a lot more than just killing or being killed.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I think factions would be great. I'm not really a big fan of guild PvP though since it greatly benefits only really large guilds. Our guild is intentionally small and full of players who know what they're doing or are willing to invest time and learn from those who do know what they're doing within the guild. We don't want to just randomly invite masses of players like some of the larger guilds out there.

Edit:
    Guild wars are cool and I've enjoyed participating in them in other games, but I've always hated the natural disparity between large and small guilds that they create. They essentially force your guild to become a large 200+ member guild to be competitive at all. The only way I could see a balance for that would be to limit a sort of roster of players within the guild that could actually compete in the guild war. However, that could also lead to griefing against lower skilled players who want to participate but aren't good enough to be considered for the roster. Which is why I like faction wars much better.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Ao Soliwilos and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  3. Deekin

Deekin Avatar

I did like the old faction system . Where the pkers had to live away from town etc.

Ravicus Domdred and Ao Soliwilos like this.
  4. Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose Avatar

That wasn't really a faction system, you had a big red "Dread Lord" title over your head and would be KOS by teleporting town guards if you came near. The holy grail here is enticing a community that has been largely put off by those days of yor to embrace some form of player vs player combat. Factions "with a storied goal" seems a logical choice.

Luring them with better resources to PvP zones like some kind of bait I don't think is the right approach and as we've seen has caused an outcry. DAoC in my opinion did a good job I think bringing in folks who didn't normally like that play style by uniting large groups that didn't have to be guilds with Realm vs Realm scenearios where there was specific goals and awards.

I wouldn't expect anything like this anytime soon while they are working on the foundation of the game system and new user polish. I am looking forward to this big fourth qrter pvp announcement Starr keeps hinting about but not saying much at all (see last Hangout).

5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

we have had the dangling carrot for years already. I used to be a lot like you are now, all exited and stuff. It wore off about 2 years ago. :(

6. Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose Avatar

Oh man I feel your pain. I kept checking out the forums and releases and finally bit almost a year ago when they put in the use based skill system in and to check out this whole "deck thing". This community has a lot of persaverance under duress :)

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Wearing off is kind of like an illusion. We think good thoughts and bad ones. Our mood can change quickly. Even the foods we consume can alter our mood.

So the original concept is good it might just take a good meeting and some deep breaths to see it again

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

StevieD and Hunter Rose like this.
  9. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

@Chris we have a small sample of the forums in this poll. It looks pretty good for people wanting UO guild warfare and Factions. :)

StevieD likes this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

How do we know this is an accurate sample? Who was voting? For all I know it was the same three people casting all the votes. LoL

11. Verit

Verit Avatar

It was already skewed from the moment it was posted.
    The title is about pvp warfare.

StevieD likes this.
  12. Verit

Verit Avatar

I am in favor of factions and guild wars. I would also like to see a siege style sever someday.
    I dont think Port should focus on pvp yet though.
    Pvp gets into the nitty gritty and the nuances of combat. Pvpers gracefully juice the system for all they can.
    The skills need to be worked on and balanced more before pvp can be properly addressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.