[Poll] Player Hunger: Survival Fun or Invasive Drudgery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astrobia, Feb 21, 2014.

?

Should the devs spend the time to develop a fun hunger system?

1. Very Against: I do not want any form of hunger to be in the game, no matter how well implemented.

14.8%
  2. Against: I oppose the inclusion of hunger in the game, developing a fun system will take too long.

5.6%
  3. Reserved: I’m on the fence, I’m not sure proposed or dev designed systems will be fun or not.

11.1%
  4. Pro: I want hunger if the devs think they can design a fun & practical system with our feedback.

31.5%
  5. Very Pro: I want hunger to be in the game in some form no matter what.

19.8%
  6. Pro Specific: I want hunger only if it includes some form of opt-out mechanic, like the one below.

0.6%
  7. Pro Specific: I want hunger only if it doesn’t include petty anoyances like carry weight reduction.

2.5%
  8. Pro Specific: I want hunger only if it follows a realistic clock (no overnight starving).

5.6%
  9. Pro Specific: I want hunger only if it follows the above 3 rules or is based on the proposals below.

4.3%
  10. Pro Specific: I want hunger but have an alternative suggestion for how to do it (post in comments).

4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well, my point wasn't to impose my views on the data, I was was just giving you the impression I've had based on conversation with many pro-PK people.

Some I talked to insisted that allowing people to be murderers was about realism, so I questioned whether they'd like hunger and all sorts of other things, and they backed away from the idea. Others liked it. The people who liked it tended to be pro-role-playing, the people who didn't tended to be anti-role-playing -- and those are the people who tend to create problems for other players.

Nothing wrong with taking a hardcore view on PvP, as long as you want it to be balanced, and have a way to prevent griefing. I am pretty pro-PvP in the game, even though I never PvP as much as I can help it, and play solo most of the time.

docdoom77 and Jatvardur like this.
  2. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Cool. That's fair enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.