POLL: Release Events (formerly Dance Parties) on Avatars-Virtue Radio

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Mar 26, 2021.

?

Would you like to see Avatars-Virtue Radio bring back Release Events?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2021.
  1. Yes! I would only be able to attend Release Events

31.6%
  2. Yes! I would also be interested in helping with Release Events

26.3%
  3. No. I do not feel there is a need to for Release Events

42.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Hail Community Listeners!

We had an informal Poll on Twitter asking:

Do you remember our Monthly Release Parties on Avatars-Virtue Radio? Would you like to see them come back? Yes or No!

The results are in:
    YES! 78.8%
    No! 21.2%

Well, that is encouraging data but now it's time for the REAL, formal poll with you, our Shroud of the Avatar listeners, here in our official Forums.

We have heard your feedback in the past. We know that "Dance Parties" are not for everyone. We absolutely feel the same way! Dance Parties are great, don't get us wrong, but we understand that there is SO MUCH more we can do as a Radio Station, to help this community and its developers celebrate and test on the live server (when needed), the amazing monthly releases. Our favourite, tiny development team pushes out month after month and it's time they were put in the spotlight once more! Think PvP, fishing, combat, exploration and highlighting new zones as possible ideas. Can you think of others?

So, that said, we are now hoping to bring Radio Hosted Release Events to our listeners.

The problem is, Release Events take quite a bit of work to plan and execute and we are a tiny radio station staffed by volunteers that have real lives too. We would need the help of our community, every month, to do this. These would be for and by the community...just like Avatars-Virtue Radio.

So here is our question to you, dear Listeners...

Would you like to see Avatars-Virtue Radio bring back Release Events and would you, as Community Members be interested in helping us?

We encourage you to leave your ideas and questions in replies to this thread. We're a Community Radio Station FIRST, your opinions matter the most!

Thank you for your time and feedback.

Announcement Posters from past Release Parties:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@Chris @Elgarion @Asclepius @Celith Wraine

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Net, Sonja, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Sonja and FrostII like this.
  4. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

The Dance Party was always fun. I saw people hook up and get married (irl). Nothing wrong with that.

Net, Sonja, Sean Silverfoot and 2 others like this.
  5. Alleine Dragonfyre

We love hearing stories like that!

Sonja and FrostII like this.
  6. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

Happy Easter everybody!

There's nothing I love more in Britannia than attending parties, dances and events! Everybody always wants me to fight and kill things, but I don't even like the thought of that, much less doing it. It's just not interesting or fun to me and I'd rather leave the animals alone in peace. When I escape to Britannia I prefer doing pleasant things with friends like fishing, having tea and dancing. So, I'd love, love, love to see more dances and parties to attend. ❤

I was never able to attend many release dances because they were often held so early in the day on weekdays or early on Saturday and I was usually busy and could rarely make it. For me the best days are Sundays.

Yours truly,

Sonja

[​IMG]

jrs99 and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I used to really enjoy the release events, but performance (particularly in highly decorated POTs) with many avatars present has become gradually worse over the years making these almost impossible to attend for many. I recall when we hosted a couple of these people were just lagging out /crashing at the zone point into town and this was early last year. Not sure what the solution is but this is the main reason why I stopped attending/getting involved. I do think they were good community events and would -like- to attend, but until something is done about performance I really can't - which is no commentary on the quality of the events themselves, which were always fun.

8. Alleine Dragonfyre

I'm so sorry to hear that @kaeshiva :'(
    This is actually the reason why Release Parties were a thing in the beginning. They were hosted by Avatars Radio monthly dev support events. They were specifically for load testing the live server. Sadly, @Elgarion told me we are not useful for that anymore and that Release Events are strictly player events. However, if the need arises we could help surely help test the live server in lots of fun ways during any kind of event be they fishing, specific zones, new changes to POTs or lots etc to help with that specific issue.

Honestly, I've noted a marked decrease in my computer's ability to run live streams where it did not have a problem before. Either the game crashes or my OBS crashes due to low resources. So, I definitely feel you there.

Net, Cordelayne, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.