[POLL] Will your Avatar be "Good", "Evil", or "Neutral"? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by High Baron O`Sullivan, Apr 6, 2014.

?

[POLL] Will your Avatar be "Good", "Evil", or "Neutral"?

1. Good

49.5%
  2. Bad

13.3%
  3. Neutral

37.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crusader of Sacrifice

Crusader of Sacrifice Avatar

A kindred spirit!

/High fives!

Woot Sacrifice!

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Ahhh Some worthy sacrifices on the field of battle, you should both make good ingredients for my pies! Muhahaha

3. Crusader of Sacrifice

Crusader of Sacrifice Avatar

Ok, but I have been told I am salty. So I would not add any to the pie. But, I do like bacon, so you can us lots of that. ^_^b

4. Royou

Royou Avatar

Hail and well met Brother :)

Crusader of Sacrifice likes this.
  5. Owain

Owain Avatar

Been away for a while, but have been testing PvP in release 8. Where does good/evil/neutral stand at the current time? Will it be an official part of the game?

Royou Vengeance likes this.
  6. Obsidian Apprentice

Obsidian Apprentice Avatar

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Nothing official. It is very possible that there is going to be no criminal system at all. If that's the case then people will just be people. Those flagged for PvP would then be able to attack anybody. The end result is that people will have to take down names and remember who the jerks are.

If they don't have a criminal system, there will still be a player run criminal system, but I think it will be much more difficult to keep track of. I'm hoping we could at least keep a record of people who killed us in cold blood so we can tell the community about the murder. If we can inform the community about people like that then maybe we don't need a murder system after all. However, the community will have to do its part by reporting the crimes, then certain guilds and people will have "a real" reputation.

I think having a real criminal system makes it much easier to track crimes, but if they don't go that route I hope they at least give us the tools to log murderers, and get public support. If they do that, we could have a totally community based criminal system... which might be fun.

Then again, I think we might run into an issue of keeping track of too many murderers if we don't have a criminal system. Then it will likely be guild based, people will recognize certain guilds as bad guys. Then we could be in trouble because a lot of PKs work in conjunction with others, and don't allie with a guild at all.

So who knows what the plan is for that yet.

8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

You will know me, I will RP an evil cannibal necromancer :) All I want are your body parts muhahahaha! :p (all in good fun)

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

You better find a team to attack me. You won't be able to kill me on your own. Other than that I hope there is a canibal system. I will be opting out like Vendetta said in the other thread. IF you can't kill me you can't eat me. So good luck.

10. Markus_Sevron

Markus_Sevron Avatar

I think that to a large extent people will indulge their greed and avarice IF IT PAYS. If the rewards for ganking somebody who is just minding their own business are sufficiently high, then people WILL do it, no matter what the consensus appears to be now. It is up to the devs to make the rewards (drops and loot) high enough that some people will want to victimize other players. I'm in favor of a system that allows people be the kind of avatar they want to be.

By the way, if the rewards for being "bad" are not sufficient to encourage that kind of behavior, then being "good" is pretty meaningless ("A Clockwork Orange" theme starts up here). Just my humble thoughts.

SoN

11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

This is why we need some kind of criminal system. There will be plenty of people who want to play good players, and there will be plenty of people who want to play evil characters. However if there is some kind of criminal/murder system those who are on the fence of playing a murderer or a grey (neutral) character might opt to be just grey rather than evil due to the consequences.

Regardless there needs to be some way of knowing who your allies are (if you have any), and who your potential enemies are.

12. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

I prefer terms like, courteous, respectful, tolerant....

and for those who would rather engage in random, unthinking wanton death and egregious violence in large roaming gangs (omg) -- I prefer standing over their broken bodies and dancing a jig!

Does that make me good? evil? neutral? I dunno. " I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing."

13. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

I am a businessman first and have no allegiance accept to the citizens of Port Phoenix and the best interest of the kingdom at large. as such i never really fit in good nor evil. If anything, I would be considered a kind of "Lawful Neutral" if you go by AD&D terms.

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

Same but I prefer dancing the allemande over their broken bodies

Royou Vengeance and Sophi like this.
  15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I wont be dancing over them, I will be gathering ingredients! muhahahahaha :p

Time Lord and Royou Vengeance like this.
  16. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

The only thing you will gather from me bub is a dagger through your rotting brain, litch.

17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Oh your words are strong, I shall like your essence! Muhahahaha *lets the darkness envelope him as he fades away.....*

Time Lord and Royou Vengeance like this.
  18. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

I'm not like some stupid little helpless smurf that you can pick up and gather essence from. So good luck pal. You won't even see me commin.

19. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Don't forget to add god complex and delusions of grandeur!

20. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

That goes without saying! Who would dare question that! Muhahahha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.