Possible Additional Pledge Tiers to Fill Gaps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Kiron Maedun, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

In a different thread Dallas said the following:

This was in responce to questions asked about a possibility of a new teir between Knight and Lord.

The thread this is from can be found here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/black-friday-cyber-monday.4080/

Please share your thoughts, concerns, and opinoins with the Dev Team.

2. Fazlee2

Fazlee2 Avatar

Kind of off-topic I guess, but allowing custom pledge amounts would be nice, especially so the Black Friday bonus can actually be used for peasants like me (15% on top of most of the current pledges don't even meet the next tier anyway so they effectively do nothing?)

3. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

That was brought up to them today, so helpfully they consider it.

4. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

It strikes me that none of the houses so far are really suitable as shops or taverens.

OSullivan and NirAntae like this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree that something between Knight and Lord seems logical.

I like the idea above too about a tavern designed house. Pub on the first floor, living quarters above. That could be cool.

NirAntae likes this.
  6. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

This is a good point. I'd love to see a shop-styled house in the addon store.
    I agree with Mischevious Atlaua. I don't want a castle or keep, but a house with more than one room, or maybe an upstairs would be great. $670 seems like a good price to me. As Venger said, a DarkStarr telescope would be cool (I added the DS part). Or even better, a telescope with Chris Spears' dog on it.

Atlaua likes this.
  7. dahak

dahak Avatar

I too would like to see something between Knight and Lord.
    Something between Lord and Baron makes sense too.

The current Doubling for each of these levels is just too much of a climb.

8. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

It always struck me as odd that there were these nice little stepping stones all the way from Adventurer to Edelmann, then a big step to knight, and the after that they all double in between each tier!

You don't have to offer a whole lot more if you decide to include 'stepping stone' tiers, just a little incentive to keep people moving up. Public-themed buildings are a fabulous idea... you could even include "non-exclusive" houses on some tiers, like the viking house or druid tree or tower.

9. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

there doesn't seem much below the 400 tier

10. monxter

monxter Avatar

My suggestion is a new digital tier between dig. explorer and dig. edelmann. I don't know if people would like this but I'm hoping for a digital viking citizen level build, any other nordic people out there? I'm done ordering anything physical that requires me to pay tax to the customs, so I don't mind leaving out the physical goodies. Viking/nordic themed citizen, that'd kick arse.

11. monxter

monxter Avatar

Well Edelmann has some nice unique rewards with it. And they've got a special property as well. Yeah it can't much cheaper than that I understand. I could get a plot and a viking house from the addon store though.

*Edit: I'll be getting the founder rewards too, I don't want all that stuff with waterfront cabanas etc. The thing I'm looking to get is the rent-free property with a viking theme.
    I'm aware they can't fulfill every single idea, just throwing in what I'd like :p

12. Gluuven

Gluuven Avatar

I definitely feel there needs to be something between knight and lord since that’s just too much of an increase for many people. I would also like to see something between edelmann and knight although I’m not sure it’s needed as much. It is a $200~ increase which is higher than average between tiers but what I’m wondering is how they would split the difference in rewards. This is just my thoughts on what I would like to see from the knight level used to a lower level.
    - New house- either a large one story house that would take up most of the lot size or two story house that takes up about as much as the edelmann
    - The two story basement
    - A expert crafting station
    Would be nice to have the new tier with those items could be in the 650-675 range. Those are just the rewards I would like to see from the knight level but the increase is too much just for those few things.

13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's a big deal for me at the Knight level. The extra $800 to get to Lord is going to be tough for me. But going beyond that is going to be even crazier. If I can't get a City house, I'd want an expert crafting station for sure.

Also, a servant would be nice.

derek6665 likes this.
  14. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I would like to see a pledge house between knight and Lord as well. Hopefully a big house with many rooms and options...I do like a castle-like home, but I may opt for a more traditional house if it is done well...And I'm going to be close to Lord the way my referrals are going...And if they add the option to include your add-ons....I'm nearly there hehe.

And yes please crafting tables...

NirAntae likes this.
  15. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Between Knight and Lord should be a 'Merchant Tier', called Pleobian or Equestrian.
    The house would be a store/tavern on the indoor-outdoor ground level, with ample space for setting up shop, and a back room for supplies.
    The third floor should be intended for living quarters, and the 2nd could be more store, with a front deck that hangs over the outdoor bottom floor. I'd also expect this tier to include a 3-level stone village basement. And there should be a special item, maybe a door bell?

Since Lord is currently the only tier that uses the town lot, I think it would seem more balanced if a new tier was added between lord and baron.. perhaps: Chancelor or Magistrate.
    Rather than getting a crown, maybe they get a special chain or amulet to drape over their tunic.

The house itself could be wider than it is deep visually, but with a huge deck and intricate walking garden in the back with a fountain centerpiece.
    I am imagining a greek/roman theme in architecture, but it could just be an influence, with pillars to walk through upon entering, etc..

Just my initial thoughts in responce to Dallas' suggestion. :)

16. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think you nailed this one, Miracle Dragon.

Inbetween knight and lord should be a merchant tier. I think it fits perfectly. I'd also like to see a Sage or Academic Tier that had a tall (ivory?) tower, and perhaps a "book" of some importance. Maybe this tier could slide inbetween Edelmann and Knight?

17. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I mentioned this elsewhere but the other thing that seems missing is an obvious guild house. Perhaps there could be a design for every lot size if needed.

NirAntae and Drocis Fondorlatos like this.
  18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

At first I thought something between knight and lord levels too. It would have to be a noble step up, not a merchant. Going from a noble knight to "ye olde Walmart" merchant is just a step in the wrong direction.

I could see a merchant level under a knight level.

The other flip side of this coin, is to leave the levels alone and not introduce too much which could delay the original ship date of the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Merchants historically are what brought the world out of the middle ages, with their ability to gain profit without owning land. They put power into a strengthening middleclass that grew in power over the lords of the land. The merchant class muscled its way into the aristocracy, which was previously dominated by family bloodlines of land owners. Therefore, I respectfully disagree. ;)

Plus, I think there will be more demand for individuals to own 'shops', it's something the team needs to design without question as soon as possible, so it wouldn't delay their plans to get the game out as much as another option.

LoneStranger likes this.
  20. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

You could put a merchant house / shop at any level. It's really about the lot you want packaged with it. Have 3 different ones if you'd like.

I was thinking the same with guild house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.