Possible Additional Pledge Tiers to Fill Gaps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Kiron Maedun, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Keeping with the German theme I'd say Freiherr would be a good title and it should be a town lot instead of a village lot... maybe a piece of furnature as well.

2. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

1400 Dollars Pledge: JARL
    Includes All Rewards from Knight Level!

(Property deeds and duplicated rewards limited to 1 per pledge)
    REWARDS:
    • Rent free, Town Level Property Deed, transferable between players
    • A special, commission free Vendor!
    • Unique, upscale Benefactor Jarls home!
    • A 2-Story, Town Wood Basement
    • Available only to backers, a unique Benefactors Viking´s piece of furniture, as a digital, in-game decoration for your house.
    • Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Hersir/Freya" and "Jarl" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    • Special Benefactor Level plaque as a digital, in-game decoration for your house
    Jarl House Style Examples:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Jarl unique item suggestions:

Viking Shield to hang up, or Viking Horn to drink from or Viking Helmet or Viking Fireplace

The Jarl is the Lord Status of the Vikings!

History Info : http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/society/text/social_classes.htm

3. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Well if they want to keep appealing to the various European demographics maybe the next tier added should be French. Instead of a whole house as a store front add the ability to add stalls and lean-tos to all houses with space... It's what most blacksmiths operated out of... Have a french bakery to go to go with that german beer garten.

As for merchant been below knight... If you are thinking peddles sure. But major magnates and similar rich noble entrepreneurs certainly had more pull in the social hierarchy then mere knighted servants of the realm. If anything there's room for merchant tiers well above lord.

Myrcello and Miracle Dragon like this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

I think the Jarl title is cool, but I don't see it happening as you're getting the same benefits (or better even) as a $1600 Lord but at a discount for $1400. Or am I missing something?

5. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

It will only let me like a post once!

Yes, yes yes! I know several people who would be jumping all over that. You'd probably need to downgrade some of the rewards to be clearly 'below' the Lord level, and maybe set it at $1200 to be halfway between Knight and Lord, but I think a viking-themed, "noble" tier would be hugely popular.

6. monxter

monxter Avatar

Agreed, pretty sure it'd sell.
    And for poor vikings who are still students, a tier around citizen level would rock too.

Myrcello likes this.
  7. G Din

G Din Avatar

I think it would be more important to focus on getting more people to pledge at the $40 level than something over a $1000.

Increase backers not pledge tiers !!

You want to bring in more people? Keep working on the content and features and less about the add-on store.

I'll go one step further .... I think making a $1400 level pledge tier, and releasing it in an update, will upset a large percentage of the backers who can't even afford it. "Oh an update !! Lets see what new information, content, or story .... oh wait ... they added a freaking $1400 pledge tier ? "

Backer Tracker : As of Dec 1st, 2013 : 25,581 Backers (lets see how we do the next month)

licemeat, EWHART, monxter and 2 others like this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, I agree. But there's no need to do one or the other, they can do both. If they keep large gaps between tiers they're just leaving money on the table.

Miracle Dragon and Myrcello like this.
  9. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Do both.

10. monxter

monxter Avatar

Indeed. It seems that whenever I talk about SoTA to people I know, talking to turns to PVP. I'm not sure if this is the case in general, or my friends just tend to focus quite a bit on PVP.. but I think an update regarding PVP, looting, different zones, etc, would be great.

Getting more low-tier backers would definitely help spread the word, I suppose incentives to back the game at the lower levels would not hurt. I think there are too many questions hanging unanswered at the moment for many people.

11. G Din

G Din Avatar

U just don't get it.

Lord Gréagóir and EWHART like this.
  12. G Din

G Din Avatar

Nobody plays a game based on its Cash Shop. They play it if the content and gameplay are of good quality.

13. G Din

G Din Avatar

I give up. Go work on the $7500 pledge tier or something.

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Has there been any mention of backers being able to continue to back even after the game launch?

For example come November next year, someone might be Lord level, are they able to continue to back the game and upgrade to Baron once the game has launched? if this is the case I can see why putting a focus on the higher pledges might be worth it from a financial point of view.

The main focus needs to be at the lower end to get people into the game.

15. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

$80 Deep Wallets Level
    Includes All Rewards from

FOUNDER

Level!

REWARDS:

• Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Sucker" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    • *Exclusive Darkstarr Rewards are only available to Backers who pledged any amount by July 31, 2013* even though it is well past that date!
    • In addition, you will be given access to Youtube videos of the staff cutting off their mustaches for an hour that can be watched indefinitely.
    • You will receive one (1) indestructible hammer with your choice of color between grey and some other color that is a mix of white and black.
    XXX

16. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

If your going to make new tiers you would be better to fix the lower level ones we already have. Why would anyone pledge between $150 and $400 especially now with the best rewards in those levels gone to founders only?

Thats where they are going to make money, not at the high end, but at the collectors edition level and at the "buy the game" level

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  17. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Yes, they have said it needs to be done by ?September 2014?... which says you cannot upgrade after launch. I don't have a link to a source but it was from the main site.

18. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

My brother is going to get the $275 for the tombstone... there are rewards that appeal to people.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  19. smack

smack Avatar

They're only getting about 15 new backers a day on average this month. It seems they're still trying to entice their near-exhausted existing backers from giving even more money.

Currently the barrier to entry is the $45 Adventurer tier, which comes with some exclusive perks. Richard has thrown out a preliminary $40 figure to buy the game at launch. Personally I think that's rather low but that's likely just some number off the top of his head at the time he said it.

If they want to get crazy, create a $20 tier that only gets you the game without any Adventurer perks. No Alpha access (Beta only may be ok), no DRM-free version, but sure, have the "Benefactor" title. Heck, throw in a repair-free item too then. Over time, these players may upgrade higher as well and could be a new pool of backers to entice with the store promotions.

The key thing is to hook new backers in, which they're not doing with much success right now. Even with the spike during this promotion, they've only gained less than 100 new backers. Since the Kickstarter ended 8 months ago, they've only gained some 2,300 new backers. That's not a whole lot for that time span. I really do hope that picks up with excitement from the Early Releases, because the store isn't really having much impact on backer numbers.

20. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

55.55% off with special items is a bit high... I would say $35 ($10 off) and they do not get alpha/beta access... leave everything else the same... that would be fine. It's a good idea actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.