Possible to purchase the "rights" to on map placement?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Derium, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derium

Derium Avatar

I currently own a town not on the map. I'm going to upgrade it to a metro, but before I do I was wondering something.

Is it possible to just purchase from someone their rights to having an on the map placement, then having those rights moved to me? Basically, I don't actually purchase their village/town/ect, just swap the on map for connected POT.

If not, I can just sell my Town and purchase someone elses, I just want to cut down on losing money as much as possible. I'm sure I'd get no where near the $3,600 invested so far. But perhaps that's my fault for buying one before sourcing an on the map place =(

thanks!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I've seen no info on this and i haven't seen anyone say that they have done such a trade. So currently an unknown.

Derium likes this.
  3. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

This is one of those bespoke requests that I'm sure can be done but aren't common nor documented.

I see two possibilities:
    1. Purchased a small pot which is connected (from a player) then request to have the towns merged.
    2. Swap towns with someone else (the permissions ought to stay in place -- messaging support is always wise). Obviously you'd expect that they might ask for a premium to be paid.

My instinct is that option 1 is probably best for you since you are upgrading anyway.

Numa likes this.
  4. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Would it suffice, just as an example, if later on it gave you the option of what town to enter? Like you go near Vanguard, which may have Defense and Stalwart (just example) player owned towns linked to it - and a menu comes up for a player to select the town they wish to enter?

Just soliciting ideas here, not really contributing to your question what-so-ever.

5. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

A reasonable suggestion. My guess is that the devs will support it as it would make all towns essentially overland map towns, which they are not currently favouring. You could suggest it to them and see if they change their thoughts on overland vs non-overland map towns.

6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I'm sure the Devs can alter the purchase order so that your town now shows as being <230 for purchase order and the other town takes your place in the purchase order queue. Whether they will do it is up to them. An email to support would likely answer that for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.