Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

POT Island Lots (Permissions)

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by Poor game design, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The new POT Island Keep and Castle lots are marked "Available" as a default allowing anyone to claim them. I as a POT owner may not want players to have that option.

I don't want to have to constantly evict people, that's not good for the game or for my POT.

This should not be "feedback" it's a bug that needs fixed.
    • This takes up available land space when someone claims the lot.
    • Evictions result in avoidable conflict.
    • Normally a POT owner would have to place the marker themselves, avoiding this problem. But because of the static nature of these special lots, the solution has created a new problem that has to be addressed.

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

bug entered

3. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

They do actually default to reserved as far as I can tell. I visited several other towns that no one else has entered on QA, and they are reserved. As owner of course, you can always claim them, but did you check the options on the plot stone?

4. Drocis the Devious

You can see that all water lots are listed as available at town crier.
    [​IMG]

However when I swam out to one it has restricted.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

@BurningToad
    [​IMG]

5. BurningToad

The town crier shows lot status according to availability to yourself, not everyone. If you visit another town where you don't have access (like I just did) you would see this instead:
    [​IMG]

6. Drocis the Devious

Ok, that's odd, because I know that in my town I've seen that say Restricted before in past releases. I appreciate the explanation, it makes sense now. Maybe I missed a change in one of the recent released or this is just user error.

7. BurningToad

You can actually get it to say restricted, even for the owner, if you put in a specific character name for a lot.

8. Drocis the Devious

I did know that. I thought I had a pretty good handle on the options for POT owners, but I guess I didn't. I was thinking that when I went to the town crier I was seeing the available housing on the POT just like I would any other town. If it said "available" it meant any player could claim it. If it said "restricted" it meant only a person that had their name specifically placed on the lot OR only a person that was already a resident could claim it. Now I understand that it's the housing relationship of the individual player that it's showing for each lot.

It makes sense now, but I was previously trying to use the town crier to help me manage all the lots in my POT. To my knowledge there's not really a view that lets me do that (where I can see what each individual lot permissions are). I have 524 row lots that will be in my POT, so this is kind of important. (feedback) :)

The other thing that would be really nice is if I could change the default permissions (kind of lot like we do now for individual items) so that every time I place down a row lot it's set up by default to be for example, "no reservation". Then it would be great to have a view that allowed me to see all the lots in my POT, what the current permissions were, who claimed them, and then allow me to make changes (maybe even mass changes, like change all to, for example "resident only") on that view.

Again, sorry for the confusion. I've been setting up my town for many releases seeing "Available" at the town crier thinking "All my lots are available". No wonder my population was so low. :) I know it sounds stupid now, but in the context of how all the other town criers work, it's really not very stupid at all. I'm the POT owner, everything is "available" to me, I don't need to know that when I visit my own POT town crier. That's completely wasted information. Do you see what I mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.