Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

POT Management Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

POT Management Feedback

1. Finding flat areas is too hard. Suggestion: When placing lots, show a grid on the ground that highlights where available space is located.
    2. The island template doesn't work for me. Not enough flat land where I can mass row lots. These current templates really seem to limit creativity in town design. Suggestion, try out some new templates that are basically a flat blank slate. Then use template hills and valleys and stuff to add into that flat land. I think the mileage from this will be better than what we're currently doing.
    3. All the lots are default to "restricted" and I have to manually change each one. I need a way to globally change all lots or large areas of lots to "restricted" or "unrestricted" or whatever.
    4. It's very difficult to line up lots so that they don't have space inbetween them. For my row lots, I often want to put them side by side with no space inbetween. Suggestion: Map a button that will line up the lots on the map to the lot you're placing.
    5. Trees go through row lot housing. (i.e. into the house itself)
    6. Because I can't see an overhead (aerial view) of the pot scene it's very hard to design a town the way you want. Are you running out of room? What's this look like holistically? What we really need is an editor that shows the map, and allows us to place these buildings on the map. Then we can go in and make manual adjustments as we do now.
    7. Could use placeholders for NPC buildings and shrines.
    8. Would be nice if we could SAVE these towns. It's A LOT of work (pun intended) that I don't really want to do again over and over again.
    9. Row Lot "claiming stones" can get confusing when you're placing them close together. This may be annoying for people. Perhaps row lots should have a plague on the front wall that people can click on? I would personally like that better.
    10. I know it's not in the plans currently, but we probably need an URBAN template. Something that works initially off the Ardoris assets. This many row lots needs roads and cobble stones, not grass and random forest tress.

More feedback will be added over time. This is what I've learned after placing approximately 100 row lots on the island template.

Just 400 more to go!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well congratulations on getting your town. It is work getting them set up. I kind of liked that. It reminded me of placing a lot in UO only better. Also for our town of Wizards Rest if we know someone wants to live in our town then we add them to the residents list and the shared lots permissions. Since we have a couple of lots that residents can access chests with supplies and miscellaneous stuff, also blank note paper for them to leave notes is free for the taking. So enjoy your town. I am hesitant to say it all should be easier, but you pose some great ideas. Also I do agree with a comment mentioned about knowing what size of lot each resident does have. There is a town map so I suspect that will be embelished on as we go along. Since most towns are paxlair that was probably an easy fix, but details on the map would be great. I think it should be like we are building our town, so not everything should be simplified. Just my opinion. So far the system is pretty well done with more coming as they read our comments.

3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I suppose I am being dumb by asking this, but can you remove a lot that you placed with the POT tool?

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes you can. Check out the vid in the weekly update.
    You need to unclaim the lot first if it's claimed. (Or kick them).

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  5. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

You should be able to drag the stone back into your pack.

There is something of an activation issue this release where things do not hilight unless you are standing very close to them. Doors, basement hatches, things atop tables and counters..

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Thank you, I was truly stumped lol

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

[​IMG]
    I ran out of room on my POT at about 494 lots. Not bad for version 1.

Can't wait to see people fighting in this mess. If anyone has a nice fight in here, please post a video. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.