PoT NPC and PC Banks??

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Winfield, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

At the PaxLair meeting this morning, @Lord Blake Blackstone mentioned an idea where if chests had individual permissions, people who lack bank slots could use a trusted Player House and owner to allocate a chest to them for storage.

We did this in UO PaxLair long ago when "reds / murderers" could not get into the NPC towns to do their banking, except for Buccaneers' Den, which was too far away for most people. So we had a trusted person (Thelorn) in PaxLair at his shop keep some items and particularly gold for people. He had a registry record of all things in the "player bank". Yet, he had to be present (or his trusted staff) to be there to get items for people from their "bank box".

Later, we did something different in UO with a downtown P.O. box system where a person got a key to their P.O. box, they could store things in it and also receive mail from the postmaster.

So the idea here is similar ... to assign chests to people at a trusted player bank lot(s) in a PoT.

In PaxLair SotA, I have placed the NPC Bank near the entrance (just down the hill), two Row Houses next to it, and a Village lot behind it. That City-sized square can make for a PC and NPC banking system. We would definitely need "assign a chest to a person" capability even if they don't have kindred on the property. Maybe they would all be "guest" permissions.

[​IMG]

Finer grain permissions on lots for deco, storage, etc. will enhance our player ability to adapt to the needs of the player community pretty fast, and we can help the Devs discover more tools they can create to simplify our establishments and towns.

Visit PaxLair at the entrance to see what I mean for the lot area... No NPC banker yet at the NPC Bank ... the permanent banker is east at the docks. But the NPC Bank building is there.

PaxLair is in northern Grunvald, east of Brittany at the mouth of the Brisach River.

Ideas?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Chest permissions on a group crafting lot are a must. Be a great use of an arena basement.

No Vendor restrictions on POT lots would also be excellent. I understand the restrictions in NPC towns where its a matter of the cities looking horrible. In POTs it just does not work with RP and the control we already have to begin with.

A city lot with 2-3 of every crafting station and a vendor for each of the 15 crafting and gathering skills would be an amazing town square. I think it could draw in visitors and the residents to one nice social area.

Without specific chest permissins it would not work.

Good thoughts Winfield

3. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Good suggestion Winfield...but I'm not sure if this is the right spot for your idea...anyway, maybe in the beginning they could adjust the Puzzle Box respectively the public box for this purpose as creating a fitting permission system could be tricky and time consuming.
    [​IMG]

E.g with the same number or more rolls or instead a “touch panel” on top of the box with e.g. 9 symbols that must be touched in the right sequence.
    Changing the passcode is just possible for the owner but everyone who knows the code can use the box.

Winfield likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.