Pro Bono

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blaquerogue, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

So if we have such a large number of people playing, who are willing to offer their help to Portalarium Pro Bono and what can they do? Something like this in the long run can lead to a decent job in the future as well.

ill start this off with my skills- Writing,

I write a lot (although I need a good editor) I have a huge imagination when it come to this type of game. I can write questlines, and add personality to different characters (you can check out some of my writing in the library in firelotus tavern thread. I love to write and I could offer that free of charge as long as I can set the timeline to completion (acceptable time) , based on whatever type of story someone wants based on key ideas and characters. That is one of my skills I could offer Pro Bono.

Nikko, Witcheypoo, K1000 and 4 others like this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'm happy to donate time posting inflamatory repsonses on the game's forums :D

Derium, Brewton, Mishras and 6 others like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Not to disparage an honest offer, but there are many people much more skilled at that than you, I'm afraid, my good Lord.

3devious, Derium, Beaumaris and 11 others like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Go away. That job is already taken up :p

3devious, Mishras, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, on a serious note I'd like to hear tales about how Alabastia was before it fell, and Also I'd like to see Ultima III lore tied into the ruins (Midrass == CoLB ?? etc) in a way that doesn't involve copyright.
    Those are the kind of writings that I'd like to see in fanfic.

You honestly can't be any worse than some of the existing quest lines I've done :p

3devious, By Tor, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I know there are others out there, I hear all the time "ive worked on games like this etc.." from them.
    on another note the inflammatory thing I think I have that covered I have been banned from the forums the longest possibly for 3 or 4 months :D without actually getting terminated totally.

Unfortunately I do not know the lore of Ultima etc... but I can write an adventure/quest with ease. and I offer my services if wanted. If not ill just keep playing with what we got thus far.

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Whyyyyy

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

it was a boring read for me of what I did read. Although I write well I do not like reading that much. im very picky when it comes to writers it has to catch me from the start and keep me interested all the way through or I lose interest and shelf it.

Chatele likes this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

What do you mean? What did you read.. what Ultima game were you playing?

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

Okay it's pretty easy I'll catch you up. Eons ago, an evil wizard named Mondain rose to power and enslaved the people of the lands of lord british using a powerful gem of immortality.
    Because LB was an outlander, he was able to summon the stranger from his world to come and rid the world of mondain's evil once and for all ! Also, the Empire was in the area and sent out tie fighters to mess with the stranger, but he was also a crack pilot.
    Later, Minax, who was an attractive woman who was Mondain's apprentice, rose to power and was able to use the power of the moongates for the first time, also she had demonic allies. But the stranger returned and after hopping through time after watching Time Bandits, was able to defeat her.
    However, it turned out that Minax's IBM 407, who the stranger at first thought was a demon from the pit of hell, Exodus, got into all kinds of trouble involving a very large serpent, furries and the rest I can't say on this forum. But after the punch cards involving the sun and the moon were found, no problem.

We don't need the lore of UIV and later because that world was destroyed :( so there you go, crash course ! :)

But honestly man, how are you gonna write for Ultima game when you don't know or care about the lore of ultima ! It's disgraceful ! :confused::p

Nikko likes this.
  11. redfish

redfish Avatar

Whaaaatttt ... yes we do

12. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, I was too lazy to type much more of it in my semi-humorous attempt. So feel free.

In U4.....

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

In U4, Lord Trady Blix was summoned to the land by Lord British. He fled for his life from numerous battles with orcs in the woods of Verity Isle. He could never figure out how to leave the island and go to other towns, up until he got killed and got resurrected in British's castle, who took pity on him. Cold, alone, and hungry, he joined a group of vagrants who had spent their time around a campfire in the southeast corner of Britain. He spent the rest of his days in Britannia asking random passerbys about their names and jobs, perpetually hiding from the monsters outside the city.

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

In my defense, there were Ettins with those orcs. And half my party was ill because of the shoddy worksmanship of the Moonglow swamp boot makers.

15. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Years ago AOL forum volunteers sued AOL for past compensation and that made companies very wary of accepting unpaid contributions from customers. As I remember it, AOL treated the moderators like unpaid employees, dictating schedules when they had to be online, etc. It can be a legal mess if the voluntary contributions are not completely separate from the company.

Edit: I have no skills to offer anyway. Heck, I don‘t even have the skill to play the darn game now that the difficulty level has risen so high.

16. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah I remember that. In fact, wasn't there an issue with UO that was similar, the people that helped on UO ?

Derium likes this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I can write side quests that have nothing to do with the story like we have now :rolleyes: thanks for the quick story! the whole thing goes back to what I was saying earlier, captivate me when reading ill finish it, don't and I shelve it. I remember fighting most of those you named in UO
    so maybe I know more than I think, from actually playing the game

18. Nick

Nick Avatar

If Atos is willing, why not get 3 of the biggest critics from website R, and 3 from this forum to re-design a simple and elegant combat system (since this is a common complain). Pro Bono.
    Need not be balance of course to test.

Put it on QA server and let everyone try it out to give their comments.

Pikegirl and blaquerogue like this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

So back to the topic here is there anyone willing to help pro bono? with your skills? theres an easy way out of lawsuits by signing a waiver (which will hold up in court) no problems there.

20. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I can enlive the world with RP v X , unfortunately i dont have the tools and settings that fit for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.