Purchasable Printing Press

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Olthadir, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

i am curious as to why there is not a purchasable Printing Press crafting station. Not a magic one mind you, but a normal one like the one found in the book shop of Aerie, where you have to load in blank books to get copies.

I’d really like to be ab,e to spend IG gold to get one to more easily copy my work.

The only reason why I can imagine why anyone wouldn’t want such a thing is plagiarism. Is that why they don’t exist?
    Any suggestions on how we can curb or stop that so everyone can more easily spread the literature they are creating?

Vyrin and Fei Akhart like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can find printing presses upstairs in crafting merchant buildings.

3. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

For sale? Or for use?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

For use.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Because we can't have nice things.

Why is it, in crooked shank, there's a suit of armor in the mayor's house ?

Is it just there, I ask you, to annoy the **** out of players that want suits of armor in their houses ?

Olthadir likes this.
  6. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

Thank you Barugon, as this wish is hopefully being considered and implimented, I will use the presses in the merchant houses of closer towns. I appreciate the info!

I would like to add purchasable simple printing presses to the wishlist.

In addition, some way of making duplication of books more difficult, without stopping us from having access to printing presses.

(I know request two is far more difficult to implement than request one, but I am making it anyway.)

Barugon likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello @Olthadir. If you're ever passing by Wizards Rest located behind owlshead the town has printing presses in both crafting pavilions in the upper and lower parts of town. Anyone is welcome to use them all they want.

edit

We now have a 3rd crafting pavilion located in the mini mall area. It is a shogan style 1 story. There is also a printing press on that lot.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    margaritte, Alioth, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I definitely think that they should make them available just like every other crafting station. They would make good decorations too.

9. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

I appreciate that Majoria. I would personally like a printing press in my basement so I don't have to go far to print copies of my books. As that is said, if I ever do go near Owl's Head, I will stop by! Thank you!

I don't know why a crafting station that is specifically designed to spread player made content was not released for purchase. Sure we can flood the market with scrolls, weapons and armour, but player made books? No!

10. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

It is not to hard to use one of the already available printing presses. Many POTs also have one of the magic ones.
    Usually i have a bag with my masters and one for the copies.
    And for books that are not sold as much, i import them from harddisk for each new copy to place on the vendor.

I do not like to see printing presses everywhere or buy able or that the tailoring table is used for copy books, until there is a copy protection in game. May this one:
    copy left: books can freely copied by everyone -> like re-teachable recipes (forced for hospitaler books)
    copy right: books are only copy able by the author -> like not teachable recipes
    copy once: books are only copy able by the author and can be copied once by another person (no copy from a copy) -> like teachable recipes.

I saw books at a 10k price tag. But in mind that everyone can make "zillions" of copies from a book and sell them on their own... it make this understandable.

Currently i have stopped to write books containing discoverable recipes, due to this.

11. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

This issue is concerning and I'm very sad this may be why people are not publishing! @DarkStarr. @Lord British @Chris is there some way we could add some copy protections like @CatweazleX suggests?

Olthadir likes this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I can understand that. It's always good to mention things. It never hurts and sometimes we are surprised like especially a lot lately on this game. I am always requesting an in game achievement system *crosses fingers* ;)

Olthadir likes this.
  13. Floors

Floors Avatar

Publishing Phase 2

Olthadir likes this.
  14. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've setup a printing press in Etceter by the Crafting Pavilion if needed. Honestly I wasn't sure if I should remove it or leave it. People usually come for the crafting tables. Never seen the press used :D

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is it a Magic Printing Press? Can just anybody get the 5 free (or however many) book copies?

16. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I only used it once to make sure it works :)

This one right?

It's the printing press that came with my Founder account. It should be the Magic Printing Press. AFAIK anyone should be able to use it. Since it's out in the open I would hope so.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.