PvP Flag and the issue wuth Non PvP "tagging" in

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Weins201, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The new rules that allow for Non PvP flagged players should be an issue that Every PvP flagged player should be screaming about.

I know that in UO Red (murders) where always attackable by any player and those players where then in a fight, but this issue is for Player flagged PvP and not all PvP flagged players are evil so why are they openly attackable by ANONE.

But the major issue is that as a flagged PvP player I could be walking into any location and see any number of players. Now I walk up and not knowing these players , they are all in a party and conspire to attack me at the same time and wala I am laying face down after being shot in the back, struck by lightning, and set on fire just because I was flagged PvP. These player where not and are now but can just jump out of the instance and back in and their actions are GtG.

This should NOT be allowed to happen, neither should it be allowed that a player not in a fight be allowed to just all of the sudden heal a player who I am in a close battle and both of us are beat down to our last breath and all the sudden he is healed out of the blue buy a non flagged player.

No if these players are temporarily flagged PvP it should last ALOT more than just until they leave the instance, it should last at least a day and I would say 24 hours of game time.

I am also inclined to go to the point after 2 time that they HAVE to go to the Oracle and after a long time be allowed to unflagg.

The way it is now it is just setting up every flagged PvPer to doom.

Rodriguez, Skyo, Ahuaeynjgkxs and 3 others like this.
  2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

hahahah sorry bro but... hahahahah I can't beleive this is happenin to YOU, of all people hahahahahhahah what did I tell you

Weins201 likes this.
  3. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Weins. Anyone who flags PVP knows the risks. And that hypothetical group that "suddenly" conspires to attack should have been seen coming a mile away by the person who willingly flagged.

This is part of pvp. Not knowing who to trust. It does nothing to affect players who don't want to participate. This is a pretty common design, because it works well to give those who pvp a little bit of that rush and fear of the unknown.

Everything you said shouldn't happen is Pvp 101, bro.

However, I do agree that the repercussion for flagging like that should last longer. They should have to reinstate the Oracle's protection just like anyone else.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    jamiesan and Weins201 like this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

There is still a missing key element. The moral system. We do not yet know how it will impact this.

Could be possible that the duration of the PvP flag would be longer if the Oracle judged this as a negative act.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Abydos like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LoL, I Have always said PvP is not bad, I actually enjoy it but this just seems way out of whack :)

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  6. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

I agree with the thread opener to the extent that someone, who is out of the sudden attacking an innocent PVP flagged player, should not just go out of the scene to have all his crimes forgiven.

There must be the option to hunt down and judge this aggressor.

Thus, after he participated in this fight he is flagged for PvP until he asks for forgiveness at the Oracle.

Logain likes this.
  7. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

plan and simple IT IS NOT FAIR that a non flagged person can openly attack a flagged person but a flagged person cannot openly attack a non flagged person in what world does this seem fair to anyone? @ RG and DS did you think this idea seemed fair when you thought of it? 2SERVERS2CHOICES this is the only way anyone will be happy

Abydos likes this.
  8. Winter

Winter Avatar

Odd choice.

It's already been said that not all pvpers are "evil". Why give a non flagged person an advantage over a flagged person? To what end?

Personally, I'm not a fan of turning pvp on and off, but that's the avenue SotA is taking, so it is what it is. However, I don't think a non flagged person should be able to attack a flagged person without flagging themselves first.

I get the feeling that this is the old grey/red attackable by blue system, but I dont think that applies here. Many people didnt commit crimes to flag themselves for pvp, they simply made a choice. They may be good aligned characters that enjoy the prospect of open pvp.

Be careful, devs, of how much you micromanage pvp in order to try to satisfy ALL types of players. It's not possible. Pick a path and stick with it. You gave people an option to flag for pvp or not, leave it that way. If you're flagged, you can pvp, if you're not, you can't.

I think SotA is already a pve > pvp oriented game...why implement this?

Logain likes this.
  9. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

How will this play out with area effect spells, when we fight npcs will a flagged person be able to flag others by running into their damage field?

cobran and Logain like this.
  10. Curt

Curt Avatar

You should not be able to attack a someone with the PvP flag if you don't have it yourself
    A flagged person running into your AoE should not flag you.
    If a PvE healer heals a PvP person they should only be able to heal wounds caused by PvE sources.

11. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

How is anyone getting an advantage? What possible advantage are you all talking about? Anyone who actually flags themself using the Oracle will have to be wary of everyone. Simple as that.

That is exactly what open pvp is about.

The only thing not designed well is the unflagging. If someone gets a pop up warning them they are about to flag, they know the consequences of jumping someone or healing a flagged player.

12. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

I like the idea. It has great potential.

In my opinion, to avoid abuse, a player should go back to the oracle to receive protection.
    It is too simple to just get out of the area to become again Non-PvP.

Xandra7 and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I don't know if this mechanic of letting a non-flagged player attack a flagged player is a good idea or not, but some PVEers might acquire a taste for PVPing after jumping into a fray on the spur of the moment without having planned to do so. This would help to grow the PVP community. I guess we will see how it turns out, and if there are too many complaints of abuse, it can always be reversed.

Spoon and Elfenwahn like this.
  14. Logain

Logain Avatar

1) By the time you respawn after you hit the floor in Owl's Head and return to take the fight with the guy that attacked you, the person can no longer be challenged, but is calling you names, since they went to the sewers/Clink and back. If that is no unfair advantage, I wouldn't know what is.

2) Chris kind of promised that the selection algorithm would take PvP preferences into consideration. Hence the occasion where a non flagged player even witnesses a flagged player should be rather sparse. So, why implement such a feature at all, unless you plan to stray away from that selective matching taking PvP into consideration?

3) If a player can decide to turn to PvP on the fly, what's the result on risk versus reward? The flagged player has a higher risk. Where's the reward?

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  15. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

I think its awesome :) i guess its just like the PK that like to feed on players. Except this is a great PKK advantage. You flag pvp you are saying you are fine with risks. LOL thats what has been said and argued on this board for ages wanting full loot. Well you know the risk dont flag then. End of story.

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I think thats because when a player confronts the oracle to not be protected anymore... he's not "protected" anymore... such as it is *supposedly* in secret societies and biker clubs... which of course...

is the basic model for this "elite" society... hehe

those rules could probably be changed but I think it will only be in scenes where you will have to "CHOOSE YOUR TEAM" *bandits or police*

which is like the 5 year old version of spy and detective, a simplified version that I despise since I'm a kid... *never wanted to play police and indian either, which is the racist version*

hmph. Why did nobody tell us that truth and love and courage was SO uncomfortable and SO powerful...

17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That is the most childish derogatory comment I've ever read on these boards, heres your medal.

*haha I guess you've haha and haha haha ha hahah I laugh cause I write haha LOL haha,
    oh and HAHA, ha LOL.*

18. Logain

Logain Avatar

You forget about the most important part when saying you're fine with risk. You're fine with risk as you expect a reward.
    If you loan somebody money, if you buy stocks, if you play the lottery, if you pledge on a kickstarter project, you're fine taking a risk. But not simply because you love the risk.
    This is like you're telling your friends you'd love to play poker with them. When they loose they pay. When you loose, you don't. Because they are 'fine taking a risk'. I'd be willing to take the risk and bet you'd have a rather hard time getting anybody to play poker with you :p

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  19. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

it helps to live near an oracle. i am currently flagged PvP. If i get killed, oh no, i might loose my starter gear. if i want to wear some nice armor, ill just unflag. let the naked PvP begin!

Silverglade likes this.
  20. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

PVP lovers are always begging for Portalarium to give them more people to PVP with. . . If you ask me Portalarium has tipped their hats to the PVP'ers here.

Doom Angel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.