Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PvP - Healing

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by E n v y, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Is there any view to create 'hotkeys' where you can specify the target?, I find moving around in PvP combat whilst holding alt and trying to cast spells a tad unnatural.

I find the cast time of Healing Touch OK but the cool-down needs to be greatly reduced (I would almost go so far as to say it needs to be halved).

Healing Ray takes far too long and the lag between the end of timer and receiving the heal is definitely too long. In combat it is almost impossible to use this heal without being disturbed.

docdoom77 likes this.
  2. Owain

Owain Avatar

I think healing touch is a tactical spell useful in combat, and healing ray is meant to be used out of combat.

3. Espada

Espada Avatar

I use both during combat... Touch is almost instant and wont get interrupted while running.. Ray you have to stop and heal..a cast timer is present and interruptible. Cross Healing is mandatory on team fights and comes down to dmg burst vs prehealing. I have run several teams during this test and heals dominate most of the time as long as decent dmg is going on on focused target and cc is going on the other teams healer..

4. Owain

Owain Avatar

Sounds like a good approach. As primarily a heavy armor melee warrior, touch is more my speed. Ray would probably fizzle too much. I'll leave that to the cloth wearers behind me, Crom bless them!

5. Espada

Espada Avatar

After the last patch, I found it to be the opposite..
    I never use touch with plate on as the likelihood of fizzle seems like 90%. On the other hand, ray has a very low fizzle rate with plate. I find that having 2 rays on my melee build is mandatory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. Owain

Owain Avatar

Maybe I confusing the two. I am just a dumb plate wearer, after all, but I have never had the one I use fizzle on me yet, so I'm doing something right. ;)

7. Espada

Espada Avatar

Would love to do some more melee testing tonight if you are down to meeting me in game. Just look me up - I will add you as "Owain" to my friends list if you are going to be on. I should be online in 2 hrs.. Violation wants to 1v1 my caster build and it should be fun to get some extra training there (he is good with his caster). After that, looking forward to some team fights by the forest or beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  8. Gothic

Gothic Avatar

Once Healing touch fizzled 5x in a row while I was in full plate armor so it is not very useful for tanks.

Duke NRaas likes this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Which I think is WONDERFUL. I think overall healing has been very well designed thus far. I'm very happy with the first pass.

10. Bainks

Bainks Avatar

Healing Ray definitely has a lag after cast. Touch definitely fizzles most of the time, but when I cast Ray and a successful touch I can get almost full health in plate and manage to tank 2 or three people easily. Bludgeoning ftw!

Espada likes this.
  11. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

as someone who has not been doing pvp for years and years like many of the old-timers around here (lol) i would very much appreciate it if you could make one of the heal spells specifically for your char. i have a lot of difficulty stopping mid-fight, targeting myself, hitting heal, and then trying to find my target again, especially when there's a crowd around. By the time i do that, i'm generally dead already!

I have to say i really do like the deck system you are putting together, i thoroughly enjoyed trying out different skill mixes to pvp with, and although - like i said i'm not an experienced pvp'r... I actually had some success with it, which made me feel very good!

thank you :)
    Sophi

Khloec and monxter like this.
  12. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

If you hold the Alt key you can self target heals without switching targets. The only problem is it's hard to do this and keep moving with a standard keyboard because of the location of the key right under your WASD wrist.

13. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

Healing targetting needs work, I'd like some party frames, also bigger parties :p

14. dopatoka

dopatoka Avatar

I feel the healing spells should auto self target why targeting a red player, I found to be a pain to have to self target my heals then track down my old target in combo... Or make it so you can heal red players. sometimes like to heal random people in combo with out grouping up with them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.